1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxer Traits

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Marlin, Aug 14, 2000.

1. Robyn

Robyn Completely Boxer Crazy

I just wanted to say how fun this post is and to imagine all of our boxers doing these silly, silly things. Steve Kneivel, Cooper does this to, sometimes when I'm sitting at the computer or watching t.v. with my legs pretzel style or even when I have my kids in the tub and I'rinsing their hair. It's so funny!

We have the best breed around! :D

2. trevor'smom

trevor'smom Boxer Pal

Thanks for letting me know what the kidney bean was! I suspected that's what it was, ha ha! It's funny because the day we went to pick up Trevor when he was a puppy, he was doing the kidney bean. The breeder left us alone with Trevor for a minute, and my hubby and I were looking at each other like "what's wrong with this dog??" - we thought he had some kind of weird back problem. We call the kidney bean thing the "Trevor twisty butt".... Someone mentioned their boxer jumping on their person's back and nibbling ears - Trevor does that too.

3. gigi2436

gigi2436 Boxer Pal

Just when I thought that I had the most bizzare, unique baby in the world ... I find out Im not alone. He does about everthing that has already been listed. However, my favorite things about my boy Farley is that he sings to me on the phone and when we have a dispute over something he always gets the last word in... but he always sucks up later. But most of all... I love that he makes me feel so loved and so lucky to have such a wonderful dog. Heres one thing that I haven't seen yet.... does anyone have boxers that are so overjoyed to se you that they give you a hundred kisses a second... barely stopping to breathe...
    -----
    Farley- 5/7/98 my beautiful white (check) boy

4. wildchild

wildchild Boxer Booster

boxer habits

My two boxers love to give "smileys", once I get dressed to go to work. Smileys, in case you dont know is when our boxers take their "lippy-loos" and goober on your leg. The after effect ia a slobber mark in the shape of a smile.

5. SlobberMarks

SlobberMarks Boxer Pal

Shadow Boxing

Oscar, when coming inside at night, will see his shadow on the side of the house from the garage motion light and shadow box, and then jump straight up in the air, to see what the shadow dog will do.

Slobber marks on glass coffee table from his head being so heavy.

Brings a toy to bed with him, will go get one before he even lays on his bed.

The pose from Babe, when Babe sings "la la la", Oscar will put his nose up so high in the air you can see the white area on his throat, sniffing the air, and I mean sniffing like he is going to take all the oxygen out of the room. This generally occurs when I cook any sort of red meat, especially an Omaha Steak.

6. PawPrintBoxers

PawPrintBoxers Banned

Those sound about right.....LOL. Endless curiousity is probably another good one.

7. karens

karens Boxer Insane

always on their backs

Nikki age 7, Emma 1 1/2, and Spencer (rescue 1-ish) are always on their backs. They also lay on their toys and rub all over them with their backs.

My personal favorite Boxer Behavior is the "c" curl. When you greet them, two out of three curl up sideways, of course with the nubs going.

8. Afton Carmien

Afton Carmien Boxer Pal

Kobe definitely has most of these traits but I'll tell you since we got him a raised feeding dish, his gas is almost non-existent. The only other trait he has which I haven't seen mentioned, is if he's chasing his ball and it lands anywhere near (meaning within a foot of) his or Nevada's latest doo doo, he will prance around and try to paw the ball away. If this is unsuccessful, he will bark to have us come pick it up......he won't go anywhere near it. He also will run an obstacle course to chase the ball assuring he doesn't get anything on his feet (including mud) he's kind of prissy that way.

9. vaboxer

vaboxer Completely Boxer Crazy

My babies have a mixture of all the above...Hook has VERY bad gas...and bad huffs and puffs...loves to lay on his back and have me rub his belly. He LOVES going on walks and LOVES to swim! The minute he sees water he runs for it! He is also a huge fan of football and will win a touch football game if invited to play. He holds onto that football with his front paws and wont let anyone near it!
    Dayla is only a year old so she still has a lot of the energy that Hook has outgrown. So...she gets on his nerves quite a bit. She loves to swim as well. She uses her front "hands" a lot, to hold onto my leg or to a ball that she plays with. When I return home from being gone at work all day she punches me...jumps up and punches me over and over again. LOVES shoes, we cant leave them anywhere or she will eat them. She too has VERY bad gas and huffs and puffs. And, she has a very bad barking problem, talks a lot to Hook and to myself if we are not paying attention to her. She HAS to be touching someone at all times.

Arn't our babies just wonderful!!!

10. PawPrintBoxers

PawPrintBoxers Banned

Laying on their back

Here are photos of Crystal laying on her back with all her private areas exposed. (hussy)
    http://www.angelfire.com/ca5/boxerkids/crystal.html