1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxer Traits

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Marlin, Aug 14, 2000.

1. SandyR

SandyR Banned - an account can't be shared

Don't know why it took me so long to jump in on this topic..but ditto, ditto, ditto..all the above, etc.! :D:D

Debbie: (DPasto) Mine are all the time deliberately pushing their toys underneath something and then whine for me to get it out. They have me totally trained! ;)

[Edited by SandyR on 01-16-2001 at 03:23 AM]

2. Cindy and Lacie.

Cindy and Lacie. Guest

What about throwing their toys? Lacie loves to throw her toys up in the air and then chase them. Its soooooo funny to read all of the traits.

3. Julie Davis

Julie Davis Boxer Insane

:LOL: :LOL: How true!

4. Julie Davis

Julie Davis Boxer Insane

You're SO RIGHT about the slinging toys! I don't know how I could've forgotten about that, as many times as I've been decked by a flying chewy bone or toy! :LOL: :LOL: And how did we forget about COUNTER SURFING!!! Also, getting into the garbage, and the boxer "lean". Love those Boxers!
    lovicon

5. crabby69

crabby69 Super Boxer

Clio also does most of the above. But does anyone's boxer do this: After she eats, she comes out in the living room and rolls around on the carpet. After watching her do this for two and a half years, it almost looks like she is trying to rub the top of her snout! Which is, of course, the only part of her that won't actually touch the carpet. Sometimes she will stop in mid rub with her head between her front paws, top side down, and look at me as if to say, "look ma, I'm standing on my head!" My husband calls it 'the digestion dance'. It seems as though she hasn't completed a meal until she has writhed around on the carpet for a few minutes.

The woo woo is a classic. Clio usually does this when one of her toys has escaped to security under a piece of furniture. When she sits and woos and stares at the floor under the sofa, we automatically get down to look for whatever she wants. There is always something there. It's also how she asks to go out. If you don't let her out right away, the woo woo turns into multisyllabic jibberish where she opens and closes her mouth while making the woo woo sound. That's usually followed by a snort. Cracks me up!

Leta
    Mother to Clio, flashy fawn, natural eared female with sox.

6. RileyMom

RileyMom Boxer Booster

one more thing

won't walk through puddles

Riley (just over 4 months old now) will go out of his way to avoid puddles when walking. He will stop dead in his tracks and find another route around the puddle (no matter the size) or simply refuse to go any further.

We just had some snow here that recently melted and I had to pick him up to go through one particularly big slush puddle. I don't think that will work when he puts on another 30 pounds!

JurisGal likes this.
  7. tugger

tugger Super Boxer

Yes we know the counter surfing and the dumpster diving. Also the toy throwing. Britany loves to wipe her face on the comforter on the bed. Drives Dick wild! She also does the carpet scratch thing where she rolls and pushes herself about the living room. I always notice it most after I have vaccumed. I thought she just liked the feel of plushed up carpet. The other night she rubbed her face so hard on the bed across the end and sides that she knocked the bed off it stands. I laughed at her expression when she came out of the bedroom with the look of I didnt mean to do it mom. Dad's expression was something different. Living with a Boxer! LOL

8. Lee

Lee Boxer Pal

I've seen many of the traits listed also. One that hasn't been mentioned is if something is a step or two away from him, instead of moving his hind legs Taz will stretch to the point his tummy is on the floor. It looks like a doggie limbo dance!

I'm not quite sure what is kidney beaning is, can someone explain it for me?

9. MB

MB Boxer Pal

common traits

My 2 boxers have most of the common traits already listed, except they won't lay on their back because it makes them sneeze! What about compulsive lickers?
    They do this thing where they wrestle eachother with their faces, is that normal?

[Edited by MB on 01-19-2001 at 02:40 AM]

10. TeriLynne

TeriLynne Boxer Buddy

Exactly!

All of the trates listed is as if you all personaly know my boxer boy! Its so funny...he does all of those things! My favorite is the woo woo while in the kidney bean position!
    Oh yeah... ours also sometimes gets one of his top (sp)<jowls> stuck under his bottom canine and it looks so cute!
    I love boxer's so much...they are an awesome breed! The best ever!
    TeriLynne

[Edited by TeriLynne on 01-19-2001 at 04:33 AM]

JurisGal likes this.