1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxer Traits

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Marlin, Aug 14, 2000.

1. ChloeBraiten

ChloeBraiten Boxer Pal

Boxers are the cutest!

My 3 year old female loves to snuggle up at night with a blanket on top of her! She also "talks" to me all day long. If she wants something she will literally sit, stare, and whine/talk at me until I figure out what it is that she wants. My 4 month old puppy snorts constantly. :)

2. Speshul

Speshul Boxer Pal

Abby the pup

My 6 month old does a few of these things and I am wondering which ones are yet to come. What Abby does is hide her balls. They are all over the house. Under the sofa, china cabinet, table chairs, just about anywhere you can put a appropriate sized ball. She has about 30 balls, so finding them can be quite a challenge. She has recently started hiding her chew sticks and other toys.

We are getting ready to move into a new home and figure we will find a ton of toys in places all over the house.

One other thing she does; we also have a Jack Russell. When Jenny the Jack Russell has to go out, she goes and stands by a door. If nobody comes, she barks really loud. Well evidently we didn't hear her because I was back in the office and Abby came to the door barking. I asked her what she wanted and she took off. I followed her to the door and surprise, Jenny was patiently waiting. She has done that a couple of times. I have learned to see what she wants, it might be important!

3. yashpreeti

yashpreeti Boxer Pal

Well, My boxer is 10 weeks old and sleeps on his back with his tongue hanging out, he wants to share my bean bag and chews my hair if he manages to get hold of them, always wants to fall a asleep in my lap and then we can lay him in his bed, keeps jumping on his hind limbs...... It worries me some times as I feel he is too young to be so active.

PS: I have read that they should not be taken out to play or jog until 4 to 5 months ols as their bones are still developing.

4. marknbabs

marknbabs Boxer Pal

Expect the unexpected!

........also wiggle booties!

5. JurisGal

JurisGal Boxer Pal

The distinctive 'wooing' bark has to be my favorite thing ( second to kidney beaning.)
    I had an insurance adjuster come to the house and as usual , the ringing doorbell or anyone in the driveway sets off my Boxer. When I opened the door, before the man could even see inside, he asked if I had a Boxer.

I said yes and asked how he knew, he said he had one and he'd know that wooing bark anywhere.

6. jarhead

jarhead Boxer Pal

Pretty-boy Bailey the clown, flashy dark fawn 4.5 yrs who shares same b-day as Kosovo vet son Dec 23 is unlike most boxers in our circle in that he's quite a swimmer, suspect that very first day I got him as 7 mo pup and throwing him in the deep-end of the pool, part of survival course, explains his love for the water. He'll dive and retrieve a stick 50-60 yards out in a heartbeat, last week for the first time gave me quite a scare when he decided to go after some ducks couple hundred yards out..Never a dull moment with this guy who has to be center of attention and can btw pack away sleep for 10-12 hrs a night lol..