Boxer Traits

trevor'smom

Boxer Pal
Boxer traits!

Okay, this is great! Here are some of Trevor's traits:

Definitely the GAS!
Wiping his face on the couch after a meal
pinning anyone he can find down and licking their face!
the famous "boxer sigh"
licking his paws like a cat

There are a million more but those stand out! Also, what exactly is the kidney bean thing?

tugger

Super Boxer
Another trait I forgot! When Brit is happy she curls her tongue and sits and gently pants. Like she is smiling. She does this mostly while we are riding in the truck. Another one is when her jowls get caught and her lip sticks. She has a lop sided grin. I thought of another! She likes to hide while doing her duties. She will go behind the tree or fire pit and peer around the corner to make sure no one is watching! LOL

SteveKnieval

Boxer Pal
Traits

How about if you sit on a bed/sofa. Boxer (in Kidney Bean Mode) jumps onto your back arms around your neck (piggy back style) and starts to nibble your ears!!

Betty Cavender

Boxer Pal
Just want to add my boxer does most all the things mention and when I get home he so glad to see me that his head and tail or both looking at me, I think this is referred to as the wiggles. This is my first Boxer, but as all of you this is the love of my life. I have had lots of puppy dogs, but none that measure to my Mac.

Mac Mom

j.proffitt

Boxer Pal
I agree with all of the other comments too! The common traits in my boxer are the snoring,GAS!!!!!!, burping, JUMPING A LOT!!!!!! And the warm welcomes when we come home!!!! I think Boxer's are so Special!!!!!!

BlissH

Boxer Buddy
Agree

My Bo is still too young to show his "traits", but he is learning fast from my first, Sugar! The most cutest thing that Sugar does is SUCK UP to Kevin when she gets in trouble. Sometimes we let her in the bed if we are watching T.V., usually that doesn't last long because Sugar wants to play (even though in the evenings when we get home we spend about 3 hours in the yard throwing ball and Kevin wrestles with her). Well Kevin will use his deep serious voice and command her to settle down. Plus when this occurs she is commanded to go to the foot of the bed (she knows this command VERY well). Within 5 minutes, she will inch her way between Kevin and I. Slowly, stretching to Kevin's face and then ever so gently licking him! We always start laughing at her. We can't resist. Does anyone else have a boxer that knows how to SUCK UP? She is the WORLD'S best. I don't know where she learned this or how it even began, but she is an ol' pro!!!

MB

Boxer Pal
Yes, our Boxers suck up! Our older one is more sensitive so if she is in trouble she will go in another room and then come back when she thinks the cost is clear, and come sit her whole body on top of one of us. Of course she gets a big hug and then she gives lots of boxer kisses! Our second one is only 12 weeks old and she has sucking up down pat. she will make a grunting sound and lay her head down, then come over and put her head on you and give quick little swipes with her tongue untill you pet her, then she starts being a stinker again!

Lisa M

Completely Boxer Crazy
Originally posted by crabby69
Clio also does most of the above. But does anyone's boxer do this: After she eats, she comes out in the living room and rolls around on the carpet. After watching her do this for two and a half years, it almost looks like she is trying to rub the top of her snout! Which is, of course, the only part of her that won't actually touch the carpet. Sometimes she will stop in mid rub with her head between her front paws, top side down, and look at me as if to say, "look ma, I'm standing on my head!" My husband calls it 'the digestion dance'. It seems as though she hasn't completed a meal until she has writhed around on the carpet for a few minutes.

Leta
Mother to Clio, flashy fawn, natural eared female with sox.

Casper too, he thinks all of the furniture and carpets are here for him to use as his personal napkin! He loves to leave boxer eye goobers on my white comforter, what a special gift :p thanks, Casper!

I thought of a few more too:

Tilting his head - he does this much more than Sumi who outgrew it after she was about 6 months. I love to make strange noises and watch him cock his head. He does that when he's waiting at the door for us to come in, you can see his little titly head through the glass, as if he's thinking "Why is it taking them so long to open that door???"

He also does a "bucking bronco" dance now that he's learning not to j-u-m-p up on people, the bucking bronco has replaced his jumping routine. He wiggles and kidneys and at the same time jumps up on his front feet for a second then the back, repeat, repeat, repeat ...

He loves to push stuff off the edge of the narrow table we have in front of the couch - just to watch it fall, shear bliss.

He also has to rest his heavy head on stuff a lot, he stands at the window and just rests his head on the ledge, it is sooo cute.

And after he sits on command the words "Good boy" trigger a spring in his butt to pop himself up "boing" and start the wiggle dance :rolleyes: . "Oh thank you, thank you, I'm good, you love me, you really really love me, let's celebrate!"

Lisa M

Completely Boxer Crazy
Re: Boxer traits!

Originally posted by trevor'smom

There are a million more but those stand out! Also, what exactly is the kidney bean thing?

That is when they get so excited they wiggle their butts so much that it almost touches the head so the body is shaped like a kidney bean. It is so happy!