1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxer Traits

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Marlin, Aug 14, 2000.

1. Pierpoint

Pierpoint Boxer Booster

Another few in addition to the above: taking something he knows he's not supposed to have and passing back and forth in the room we are in until we notice him, get up, and chase him to get whatever he's not supposed to have. And the other one, when we pet him, he turns his butt to us to have his butt rubbed. He loves it.

2. trevor'smom

trevor'smom Boxer Pal

swet dreams

Oh, I just thought of another funny thing Trevor does! When he's sleeping or relaxing, and I pet him, his front paws stretch out and relax! It's adoreable!

3. cl-kimberly_1977

cl-kimberly_1977 Boxer Pal

What Makenzie does...

Makenzie is the love of my life! She does a lot of the same traits as your boxers do. She is so excited to see me when I get home from work and I have to actually walk outside with her for her to go to the bathroom because she is so hyper. She curls into a U shape and her little butt is a shakin away. Her nub is going a million miles an hour. She has to be by my side at all times. She will howl if I don't let her in a room with me. Even the bathroom. So, she basically does go everywhere with me in the house. She is the most loveable and sweet dog. Our personalities clicked so well. I let her on the couch when the hubby is not home. Shh...don't tell. She will lay behind me on the couch and put her paw around me. Is that too cute or what?!? She is excellent with kids but watch out if they are running around because Makenzie thinks they are playing and will nibble on their ankles in good fun. Makenzie loves to be around any other dog especially boxers. We had a boxer who lived behind us and recently moved and Makenzie gets up on this bench that is built into the deck and puts her paws up on the railing and looks over the fence at the houses around us and will do her howl and barks and misses Copper so. I am so lucky to have her in my life.

Kimberly

4. MB

MB Boxer Pal

I can totally relate to Kimerlys post. My girls have to follow me everywhere too. I'll usually trip over them if I'm going from room to room , as I'm on my way back in they are leaving to see where I went.
    I'm a Nanny ,and If I have the kids around I always have to tell them not to run, Maggie will always nip at their feet and ankles which causes them to fall down!

5. ahnh418

ahnh418 Boxer Pal

Our 6 month old Boxer Dell does all the same things as Cooper but there is one distinct thing that she does and that is sit on top of the couch and look out over the porch of our apartment and whine until we take her and her brother outside. It just seems that Boxers love to be outside. And Ruffuss our 3 month old Boxer loves to chase after brooms, Vacume cleaners, mops...anything like that will drive him crazy. He will bark and chase and box them until you get him with them.

6. scribe1128

scribe1128 Super Boxer

Oh, where to begin? Titus does the "woo-woo" song and something I have never seen another boxer do-he gets up on his hind legs and hugs you around your waist with his front legs. Since I am short, he looks right into my eyes! He also kidney beans, has to "connect" with at least one paw touching me while we are on the couch. He also gets bad gas attacks! Titus gets resentful if I leave the house for a few minutes without him, so I'm usually greeted with a great, big pile in front of the front door! He sleeps on the bed and has to be pushed up against me so I can't move. I just love my precious dog, he's my best friend!

7. ZachsMom

ZachsMom Super Boxer

YES!!! THE HUG! Well, Zach doen't do it on his own - I have to force him to give mommy a hug :rolleyes:
    But, once I put his front paws on my waist I get a great big hug :D

8. Nifftea

Nifftea Guest

missing my hugs...

Tyson did all the typical Boxer things talked about on this thread, but he hugged like a human. It started when I was hugging my son or husband and Tyson couldn't take being left out. He jumped up and hugged us both, dancing around and around, one paw on each of us. It got to be a trick, we would hug each other and Tyson would immediately jump up and hug us too. He never 'jumped' on anyone, only gave his family his hugs. For single hugs, we patted out chest and said "hug" and Tyson would put his paws around our necks and really hug us. I miss him so much. When playing with the puppies today, I told them if Tyson were here, he would teach them some manners! And he would, he WAS a gentleman!

9. bigguy

bigguy Boxer Pal

Cosmo will back up, pause, back up, pause, and back up some more - as if he's compressing a giant spring with his butt. When given the signal (a "wolf" whistle), he will leap upon me and lavish me with affection. It's our daily routine when I get home from work.

10. Christy Burden

Christy Burden Boxer Booster

As for my Dallas, well she is very jealous! Pouncing anything she thinks is a toy or me if I lay on the ground. Very sweet, loving, and those pouty eyes! When she gets into trouble I point a finger and scold her she walks in this little U walk and gripes right back at me. I have to keep from laughing at her. Her favorite thing in the world is to lay on the bed- she will pile up all of my pillows and the blanket and sleep on the very top! A crazy mess everyday, but I love her! She is the best baby girl in the world!