Boxer Traits

nanabear

Banned
Both my Boxers act like the head is too heavy to hold up sometimes. Taking toys, chews or sometimes just resting with the head on the ottoman or couch. All those brains you know!

anne

Boxer Buddy
Cassie does things that my other dog ( not a boxer) has never done,like grabbing my ankles with both paws and holding tight while she is dragged along,and using her paws a lot in playing with Tess swiping her with them, she is also devastated when she's told not to do something and we're upset with her it takes her ages to forgive us.

------------------
mum to-
cassie flashy fawn boxer girl born 6/7/2000 natural ears and docked tail.
Tess cross/border collie born sept 1984
Jake the cat born 3/26/85

Asta

Boxer Pal
Sara has almost all of the above. In addition climbing on top of peoples lap and resting her head on their chest. Jumping around like crazy whenever someone comes home (best welcome-home ever!). Walking around, being in the way when people are rushing :) being jealous with our horses and getting them to play with her, she nibbles at their feet and they charge at her, it's the funniest thing you'll ever see :)

I do feel that boxers are some of the happiest, most loving animals :) and I will miss our Sara dearly, she has to go back to the breeder because we're all allergic to her :(

Suzanna828

Boxer Booster
Robyn - you are right on the money! Jake has all the same characteristics as Cooper. I love when he lays on his back, or when he rests his head on me. The random zipping around the backyard is the one that cracks me up the most! The Woo Woo Song is second, although he only does that for my husband (his "playmate" :) ).

------------------
Suzanna - Mom to Jake, 2 year old fawn male, floppy ears, docked tail

chickenz

Boxer Booster
Maggie does the jackhammer as well. She also does the tumblesault thing a lot.

------------------
Maggie - flashy fawn, born 4/2000, natural ears, part human.

Sierra

Boxer Buddy
My boys have done all of the above and they also lean their whole bodies against you and stand between your legs.
Barney--Brindle 14mo. male/n natural ear
Samson--Fawn...Rainbow bridge 7-20-99

Jules

Boxer Pal
What a good description, the jack-hammer. I never knew what to call it.Newman always sleeps under the covers. What is the WooWoo song? I'm wondering if it is their whining?

------------------
Julie
Newman's mom-flashy fawn w/ natural ears 11/5/00

Kira's Mom

Boxer Pal
Most of the time Kira has to have a pillow to put her head on to sleep at night. Usually I have to share mine with her. She also puts her paws on our shoulders and gives us boxer kisses.

------------------
Kira-born 2/4/00, female, plain fawn, cropped, docked, and about to be spayed.
Rocko- big brother to Kira, black lab, adopted at 2 years old, nuetered, born 3/2/95

Brenda

Jules, Harley's "Woo Woo song" consists of him flattening his mouth into a long line and making a moaning, whiny sound. It really does sound very much like woo woo. He's also learned to say Momma while making this noise. When he starts doing it (usually when he wants to go out) we keep telling him to say momma and, eventually, the noise he makes sounds exactly like Momm-
ah! :)
http://www.geocities.com/firefly_ca_2000/

------------------
Brenda
Boxer Baby: Harley - born 12/27/98 - adopted 1/14/2000 - docked tail/natural ears/neutered - full of pee & vinegar!

Krikkit

Boxer Insane
LOL, one of Amy's nicknames is Miss WooWoo :D When Carl gets home from work she kidneybean's and woo's at the same time. The others just kidneybean but they woo woo at different times :) I wonder if we could get woo woo in the dictionary? I think Brenda's description is just perfect.