You Were A Little Girl In The 70's If.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvfritz

Boxer Pal
My friend grew them and her mom set the container in the window in the summer. The summer heat "cooked" them :(

Barb

Linda/NJ

Boxer Insane
I am thankful we didn't have avacado rugs growing up. When me and my husband bought the home we live in now, guess what they had avacado rugs.:o It was the first thing we ripped up and threw out and the wallpaper (that had an ugly 70's look to it too):D

I loved the Fonz too, thought he was cool. I still enjoy watching Happy Days and Welcome Back Kotter, I was in love with Vinnie Barbarino.

Linda & Ginger

Chris W.

Super Boxer
my little ponies?

nope, can't says I ever had My little ponies, I'm pretty sure those were late 70's kids toys cuz my little sister born in '72 had them tho...

I'm talking about Steve Austin..... A man barely alive! Now THERE was a hunk! :LOL:

My Brother and I got those dolls for Christmas one year, you could look thru Steve's head thru a magnifying glass for his Bionic eye!

I used to love that song, "everybody was kung-fu fighting" and we watched kung-fu everyweek and used to LOVE that cartoon "hong kong phooey" too. My all time fav cartoon was Kimba the white lion tho

Stretch Armstrong was a totally cool toy too! I LMAO when they showed one in that KISS movie about those kids going to the Concert in Detroit in the 70's.

Last edited:

cashisking

Boxer Insane
Re: my little ponies?

Originally posted by Chris W.

I'm talking about Steve Austin..... A man barely alive! Now THERE was a hunk! :LOL:

My Brother and I got those dolls for Christmas one year, you could look thru Steve's head thru a magnifying glass for his Bionic eye!

Couldn't you take off a piece on his arm and look at his "circitry"? well, until the sticker fell off..

conn

Super Boxer
How could we forget about schoolhouse rock???? one of my personal favorites!! and of course the oh so fashionable dolphin shorts...(was that 80's??) oh gosh, memory loss is setting in already and only at 30years old....

Skii

Boxer Pal
I still have my 6 million dollar man and Bionic woman, granted all the rubber that covered their bionics melted away, also have my Charlies Angels dolls, Donny and Marie and Malibu Barbie, bought the new one in the store the other day.

Barb_IA

Boxer Insane
Originally posted by Faughtey
Does anyone remember elephant pants? They were hip huggers with huge flared legs. And body shirts? And don't forget those blouses that were fitted at the top, with long flowing sleaves.

Yes, I do remember those! I'm 39 and I wore those when I was in grade school. LOL
My daughter was born in 83 and she was a carebear lover...she also liked my little pony's and rainbow brite.

Barb

neilsmom2000

Super Boxer
Okay this thread is totally freaking me out...

I am having major flashbacks here. You're all totally describing my childhood!
As a photographer, I often wish I had my old Barbie that came with the camera. There was a sort of long, plastic tube linking the toy camera to Barbie on a stand. Every time you 'clicked', Barbie would jerk her limbs around, like she was a model posing. I have to laugh thinking back on it, because I'd click the camera so much, Barbie would flail around like she was having a seizure or something! Hee hee!

Thanks for taking me down memory lane, everyone! Try not to feel old!

:D

Barb (a totally 70's name, wouldn't you agree?)

Status
Not open for further replies.