1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxer Traits

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Marlin, Aug 14, 2000.

1. beatmincer

beatmincer Boxer Pal

Rafi does all of the above minus the woo-wooing. Also, he does what we call food-stalking. He will approach the dinner table, at first sneaking under the table, and later stick his unassuming face up and casually rest his chin on the table top while his black eyeballs scan the table for anything edible.

When I come home he approaches me butt-first (the friendly side ;-) kidney-beaning, flipping his ears back and lifting his left paw while looking at me from the corner of his eyes.

After drinking water, he walks around dribbling all over the place, licking his floppy lips with a satisfied look on his face.

He never farts, but we always give him food 3 times / day, with no snacking or treats whatsoever between meals.

2. karetha

karetha Boxer Pal

My Buddy

My Buddy is my first Boxer! He does all of those things including the gass which we also get from my 9 year old pitbull mix whom Budy loves! He is also very smart and a fast learner!

3. MLMoore

MLMoore Boxer Pal

Wiggle-butt

Who can forget the unmistakable excitement in a boxer. Their tails wag so hard their back end dances. There isn't much cuter than that.

Boxers are just too cool

4. agaither

agaither Boxer Pal

bruce

Bruce kidney beans and woo-woos but the thing that gets me to giggling the most is that he will sit on my lap and nibble ever so slightly on my ear, I don't know why he started to do it but I think he has picked up on the fact that I get so tickled at him so he does it to make me laugh! My boxer boy never fails to make me laugh! He also farts EVERYTIME he stretches to lay down

5. ILBOXERMOM

ILBOXERMOM Boxer Pal

Traits

I see all the boxer traits in Allie. She also loves to play this game we called "find Daddy", it entails "daddy" being until the covers and Allie trying to dig him out of them and singing him the Woo woo song while she's digging.

Boxer's are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. I stole that from a throw rug..lol

6. SillyTucker

SillyTucker Boxer Booster

In the 3+ weeks we've had Tucker, I've noticed many quirks

-When let outside he puts his front paws down and does a little handstand off the steps.
    -Makes the strangest sounds...like Chewbacca while playing
    -Whines when he's told no
    -Sleeps in odd positions
    -He loves ears but has yet to master the gentle nibble...lol

7. LouLouma

LouLouma Boxer Pal

my lulu does "super wiggles" when we come home or if anyone comes inside she just stands there looking at you while her whole body wiggles i just love it. boxers are just the most amazing doggies ever

8. elgerdes

elgerdes Completely Boxer Crazy

Well, first thing is Zoe loves to thwap you with her tail, as it isn't docked. So it's a start to the kidney beaning. Farts badly! (smells like skunk!) Sleeps on her back, a lot! Loves to stalk and pounce while playing. Hops around like a bunny. Boxes us of course :)

9. KotasMommie

KotasMommie Boxer Booster

Kota will tuck one side of his lip in his mouth when he has an attitude about something I want him to do. He always does it tho, he just has to show his displeasure. Or I'm always tripping over him because he has to be right by me. If I walk thru the house and I'm not paying him attention he walks up by my side and puts his cold wet nose in my hand like look at me...

10. pairofboxerz

pairofboxerz Boxer Buddy

A few more...

Duke, my 2-year-old boy, is a drama boy in the car - if he is sitting by the door, he will lean his head out the window with just one ear and one jowl flapping in the breeze like Mr. Casual. Or he will sit backwards in the backseat and watch everything thru the rear window with his chin resting on the back ledge....and the people in the cars behind us laughing. If he wants to get to the front seat but its occupied, he will rest his chin on the back of the front seat and make his snorty noises....just to be sure you haven't forgotten he is back there and ohhhh so patiently waiting his turn for the front seat.

What can I say....they had me before 'Hello'.