1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxer Traits

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Marlin, Aug 14, 2000.

1. mistysmom

mistysmom Boxer Pal

We got misty as a dog estimated to be about 1 to 1 1/2 yrs old from the shelter. She is our first Boxer and will probably not be the last. I had an awesome Doberman for 14 years so getting use to a boxer has been a fun experience.

She loves the outdoors. She sleeps both inside and outside in her doghouse depending on the weather. The funniest thing she does is pulling her dog-bed out of the dog house and she drags to where ever she wants to lay outside. You will be looking out the window and she will have taken it to the middle of the yard into the sun. She will be rolled up on it sound asleep. She loves the whole family and would love to play with the cats if the cats didn't dislike her so much. She is a gentle giant.

2. DebbieJen

DebbieJen Completely Boxer Crazy

Layla does the kidney bean look especially when she is playing. We laugh so hard at her.

Also likes to drag her head across the couch or floor (when we had carpeting)
    Gas (eew)
    Runs around the backyard for no apparent reason.
    Lays her head on us like its to heavy to hold
    Boxer Woo Woo Song
    Loves to talk constantly
    Wiggle butt when we come home

3. jreich

jreich Boxer Pal

Oh my gosh I never knew that boxers have basically all the smae traits! I love my little Oakley, she's rambunctious, sweet, caring, and loves to run to mommy when scared! She doesn't have gas too bad (thank God!) but when she does she can clear out a room! She loves to chase her tail, and because it's not docked she catches it quite often! She goes into kidney bean mode when you get home, and when she starts runnin all over the place we call it a "crack run" lol. She drags her whole body across the floor when she's playing, and comes to visit right after she gets done eating or drinking (slobber mouth!). I haven't really heard the woo-woo song yet, but in the beginning when we put her in her cage at night she would do it (got her out of that habit real quick....).

Love seeing all the replies to what other boxer owners have experienced!

4. jreich

jreich Boxer Pal

Also forgot to mention she snores like a freight train!!!!

5. jreich

jreich Boxer Pal

Gas (pee-yew!!!)

So at first Oakley didn't have much gas, but recently, OMG it's been bad! We haven't changed her diet either! Boy, can she clear out a room!!!

6. AmISarge

AmISarge Boxer Booster

Rusty

Chewing up a 6' nylon leash in less than 5 minutes -- while turning his head around 180 degrees!

That was Rusty!

7. Khadijah

Khadijah Boxer Pal

Kuda loves to poke my legs with her nose, she does this no matter if I have trousers on or not. And of course she sniffs EVERYTHING, but she will sniff my trouser legs with special intensity even before I put them on. When we play chase, I make her run with a toy in her mouth to help her remember not to bite - and she will goad me by poking that toy into the back of my legs, as if to say, "C'mon mama you're not running fast enough!"
    I am also teaching her not to bark when we play together, so now she will put a toy in her mouth and just squeak furiously at me whenever we play, which is hilarious! She just cracks me up so much every single day, love that girl!

8. Emclenaghan

Emclenaghan Boxer Pal

Love reading these! I keep reading them to my husband like, Rosie does that too!

She also loves to dig her nose into the snow, flip it in the air and try to catch it in her mouth.

She whips her toys across the room and chases them, who needs a human to play fetch!?

She absolutely loves mango and popcorn and has become quite proficient at catching popcorn in midair.

God help you if you take away her bed and blanket to be washed! She whines and paces until I bring it back from the laundry room!

I just love her craziness to pieces!

9. Mydancer

Mydancer Boxer Pal

The Bean

Dancer takes the kidney bean to the extreme. She actually walks around bent in half. We call her the Push Me Pull You. She drools puddles when she smells something she likes and begs the popcorn popper for treats. We had to start keeping it put away because she would sit whining at it. Her memory blows my mind. She will go back to something days after leaving it. My favorite however is how she talks. Not just woo woo but constant guttural noises with whines and huffs as if to say " Do it now and my way." All in all I love her dearly. She my wonderful clown.

10. PennyPickles

PennyPickles Boxer Pal

I found this forum after googling boxer traits - and I'm cracking up! Our Penny does almost all these things!

She woo woos ALL the time! It starts out more whining, but if we don't respond right away, it goes into loud woo woos lol. She woo woos when she wants fed, when her water bowl is empty, when she wants outside, when she wants to play, when she wants on your lap to snuggle lol. It's constant talking from her!

She also kidney beans - although my husband describes it this way - when she's excited, it's like her head is magnetized to her bum lol.

Do most boxers woo woo and bark and carry on when they want to play? When Penny really wants to play, she starts out woo woo-ing and carries on to start barking and hopping around at us while doing the kidney bean lol