1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxer Traits

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Marlin, Aug 14, 2000.

1. StrikerBoxer

StrikerBoxer Boxer Pal

Striker's traits

I love Boxers! Striker is famous for loud sighs, farting, chasing flies, chasing laser lights, sleeping on his back, stealing socks (we call him the sock bandit). But our favorite trait is when he taunts us. He'll get right in our face and bark at us or snap with just his lips touching our skin. It is way of playing and getting us to play back.

2. Kerstin

Kerstin Boxer Pal

Cat or Dog?

I would add to all the above acting like a cat: throwing little objects up in the air and swatting at them like a cat with his paws. He'll fling little things with his mouth like a stick or fluff ball (dust bunnies in MY house?!) over his head and then chase after it and pounce on it. Charlie is also in love with one of our three cats, and greets him at the door, mouths his neck, and then rests his chin on his side when the cat is sleeping. Keeps us laughing!

3. Glenn Sharp

Glenn Sharp Boxer Pal

Brutus lies on his back all the time. One thing that brutus does when he fetches his ball is he jumps like a deer right before he gets ther. This is a good subject we can go on & on.

4. jbambi

jbambi Boxer Pal

Boxer Trait

My two boys also do what I call the "boxer wiggle" they get so excited that their noses touch their tales and their "nubbins" go a hundred miles an hour.

5. Glenn Sharp

Glenn Sharp Boxer Pal

Silly trates

Brutus must be a true Boxer because he has all these traits except for the gas part

6. avaboxer

avaboxer Boxer Booster

Ava is all about farts and playing. We will be playing or anything and she toots her horn LOL. She is definately great and I don't believe you can have just one boxer because the boxer traits are already growing on me. She has down, sit, and come down pat. She is getting to where she whines when she has to go out to potty been a long work in progress but she is housebroken except for an occasionally accident now and than.

7. samsons

samsons Boxer Insane

i have a new one to add - just skimmed over and laughed at funny ones - (but didnt see this posted )

after doing there business - running like the devil was after them - and looking back - like it wasnt me !!! lol

8. maxandtonka

maxandtonka Boxer Booster

Maxwell...

My Max likes to rub his lips on my furniture/bed after he eats or drinks! I think he likes to have a clean face lol! He also likes to rub his face on anything clean like laundry!

9. Cheeky Evie

Cheeky Evie Super Boxer

Haha.... Evie does a similar thing. Everytime she has a drink she has to dry her tongue, clothes, towel, carpet, anywhere, it just has to be dried. I always wonder why? LOL.

10. kazads

kazads Boxer Buddy

We have only has Bella a little under a week (she is 9 weeks today!) but already some of her traits are obvious:

* Bouncing on all fours like she is a baby lamb
    * ALOT of Wind
    * Playing in her water bowl (I hope this is just puppy madness and she will outgrow it!)
    * Stalking me before pouncing on my feet
    * Los of cuddles
    * A really good set of lungs which she uses when she is left alone!

This is our first Boxer and yes, they are a lot of work but gee, they are just adorable and I am so in love with her.