1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxer Traits

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Marlin, Aug 14, 2000.

1. DogsRTheBest

DogsRTheBest Boxer Pal

Boxers poor noses

Yeah, boxers are truly hilarious. Anyone got a surefire cure for gas!?

Speaking of boxer traits and cures - I tried Vaseline for Rusty's nose after a friends recommendation, but it did not do much for Rusty. Natural Dog Snout Soother did the trick, though. Rusty's nose was actually cracked and bleeding, but the snout soother healed it within a few days.

Isabella & Rusty

2. mueltrain

mueltrain Boxer Booster

all the same plus Jay loves to put his paws up on the counter and see what he can manage to grab up before i tell him to get down lol. I cant imagine when hes full grown....

3. Ben Jr

Ben Jr Boxer Pal

My Barron has many of these traits, plus he will pin the cats down with his forepaws and groom them, and when thunderstorms move through, he shakes soooooo bad, like the cheap motel quarter vibrating beds. Always has to be in physical contact with me, sits on me in my recliner and sleeps with his head on my pillow at night.

4. Kona Bear

Kona Bear Boxer Pal

Kona has very similiar traits as cooper.
    She sleeps in unlady like positions (on her back with her legs in the air)
    snores
    runs as fast as a bullet for no reason
    her greatest foe are june bugs and other insects
    when taking a nap her head has to be elevated with some part of her touching me
    boxing with the front paws
    chasing her tail
    when excited her whole back half wiggles
    and my favorite is pouncing followed by jumping only with her front paws

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  5. brindlemoma

brindlemoma Boxer Buddy

My Ty does basically everything already said.

He kidney beans like crazy!!! Sometimes I think he's going to break in half. He is so smart, sometimes smarter than I would like :) but sooooo loving.

The funniest thing he does is dreaming about drinking water lol. He sticks out his tounge in his sleep and laps. I love it!

6. KWilson

KWilson Super Boxer

How cute boxers imo are the best!

7. iluvfrankie

iluvfrankie Completely Boxer Crazy

I just had a tear roll down my face with laughter!! My friend nicknamed Franks Chewbacca one day cause of the noises- I naively thought she was the only one!!!
    Frank hates -cats and water and hearing the front door closing
    Frank loves- sleeping, eating, playing, gassing,staring at me til i play,going in the car, children, other dogs, sitting on front of the fire

She will also stand at the side of the bed 'snorting' and breathing heavily until i lift the covers and let her in- she only does this when she thinks im asleep- otherwise she jumps up and crawls all over me!!

8. EllieKem

EllieKem Boxer Buddy

One of my favorites is the Emma Stair Sit where she loves to sit with her behind on one stair with both of her front paws on the lower stair - still makes me smile every morning. She can also be super rude at the dog park when she finds another boxer! They gravitate towards eachother and ignore all the other dogs - even some of her favorite playmates who'll circle them just waiting for a chance to get in there and play LOL

9. deucenrox

deucenrox Boxer Pal

Boxer Traits - wouldn't have it any other way!

All of the same for my two! We have two that totally know how to lay on a great guilt trip including the end of the world sigh!!! Would not change them for anything!!! Not even the gas, it always amazes us that they don't have cheeks yet it sounds like it.

Lisa
    Owned by Rox - Oct 30 2005 - almost 4!!
    and Deuce - Nov 7 2007 - almost 2!!

10. CouturesMom

CouturesMom Boxer Pal