1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxer Traits

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Marlin, Aug 14, 2000.

1. Eckhart

Eckhart Boxer Pal

"Corn Cobbing" is the perfect name for the nibbling. Cash did it to me for the first time the other day and I thought my perfect boy was trying to nibble my fingers off and I yanked my hand back ( did not yell at him ) but it scared him more than me. My wife laughed her head off and said that he has done that to her for over a year and she just didn't tell me, cause it was a special affection between her and him. Now he does it all the time to me and usually follows up with the heavy head and a sigh. Seems very content with the world.

2. greener

greener Boxer Pal

after getting a drink, leaving a trail as the leftovers dribble on the floor behind him
    shaking his head and letting fly nastiness from the jowls!

He's gross, but he's my gross!

3. boxerchickie

boxerchickie Boxer Booster

haha kilo likes to lie on the furniture and when she is ready to get up she will slide off and her back feet will slide off and fall on the floor. Also another trait is being an oversized lap dog. heheehe

4. WMBigs

WMBigs Boxer Pal

Contrasts in behavior!

Tanner is bold and fearless, period. Sometimes when he is ready to go out and the cold hits his face, he just backs up and will not go out. He was the only one to go out readily in the blizzard this morning, the other two needed much coaxing.
    If we go for a walk in the same blizzard conditions, Tanner and Tyson are both raring to go and the weather doesn't bother them at all. Cold weather lets them tear around more without overheating. We haven't figured out yet how Rigley will react to cold walks. She is still to scrawny. When she gets to proper weight I think she will be raring to go as well. She has a bold personality like Tanner.
    After a good night sleep it is funny to see them get more sleep in the morning while we all go about our routines.
    Hovering around zero F right now and windy and snowing. The high for tomorrow is supposed to hit -23F. We won't be out except for potty time!
    MikeB

5. ChrisSeek

ChrisSeek Boxer Pal

When my Layla is on the leash on our walks, she likes to run in a big circle around me over and over till I get dizzy. And ball. Ball ball? ATTACK THE BALL!!

6. Sburns

Sburns Boxer Pal

Never Gives Up!

My Ty will drop his ball at my poodle's feet and bark at her to play. He's been doing this for 2 years. She shows her teeth to him and all he does is whine at her, like to say "Pleeezzzze play with me". He never gives up! Does this everyday. Always up to play play play! She has never played with him to this day, but he'll keep trying! Gotta love the Boxer's tenacity.

7. beatmincer

beatmincer Boxer Pal

Will take ages to sit on command

Right now it's like 5 below zero (centigrade) in the mornings here in Sweden. Being a Boxer, Rafael is obviously very careful not to freeze his bottoms off. At the command "Sit!" he will look extremely reluctant, and then very tediously shuffle his feet forever under him before his butt actually makes contact with the ground.

Sometimes he will reverse in the middle of the procedure, shuffeling right back up into upright position, as to say "OK, I did it halfway, now please can we go?"

I've had 3 boxers since I was a kid. I could NEVER imagine having a different breed!

8. gabbar

gabbar Boxer Pal

Gabbar's Papa

Hey My gabbar does the exact same thing. He's been taught to sit before eating. What he does in winters is the moment u say sit, he'll look for the nearest carpet (which could be in the other room), walk calmly to it and sit with a lot of effort. Wiping his face is another issue. We all run to reach him after his dinner lest he wipes his chubby cheeks off curtains, sofas and beds. He also has a lovely way of sitting in the car back seat. He'll face the rear windshield and put his face between his paws and look out. I've heard many people utter "Its Real" ha ha

9. boxermomATL

boxermomATL Super Boxer

Sophie follows suits with nearly everyone else's traits listed in the previous posts. She is a true boxer in every sense of the word and that is why we LOVE her!

-She has at least a 5 foot vertical. She LOVES for us to toss a ball straight up in the air so she can jump, flip and twist mid-air to retrieve it. She always attracts an audience at the dog park and she loves to show off. :)

-She's a better snuggler than my fiance! haha I typically always sleep on my side in the fetal position and Sophie always curls up in a tiny ball in the crook at the back of my knees/legs. When we're on the couch, she loves to spoon and will wrap her arms around my neck.

-She will "flea nibble" our arms and legs. Although in our house, we call it "corn-on-the-cobbing," as Sophie will nibble up and down our arms as if eating corn off of the cob.

-She does not like fast, cold breezes on her hiney! If a gust of wind comes from behind when she's out for a walk, she will close her tail like a trap door over her hiney and sometimes even sit down. It's too funny!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  10. RambosMommy

RambosMommy Boxer Pal

all so new!

I have Rambo for a week now, I took him home from the shelter. He is 5 years old.
    We are still just getting to know eachother, but yes! U Shape, drooling, snoring, gas gas gas, and another thing. He sleeps and I can walk around without him noticing it, but I never seem to be able to open the refrigirator door quite enough, he wakes up from his sweetest dream, and there he stands, begging with those sad brown eyes like he is starving LOL. He is so much love!