1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So much for a lazy Sunday morning.

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by Gatorblu, May 17, 2015.

1. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

This time next week it will all be over and you will be home ..
    It's is just impossible to stay calm and If you are like me I go through everything my nearest and dearest do ... And some !!
    Everything is looking good so try and focus on the good ..
    For your sake and sanity I think it's a good idea to stay near hand ..
    You will both be in my thoughts and prayers Pam and I am sending TONS of healthy ,healing & calming <<<vibes>>> to you and our Princess !!!!!

Gatorblu likes this.
  2. Independence

Independence Boxer Insane

Prayers for you both and the doctors and nurses at the facility. I am also praying for some peace of mind for you too. I know it's easier said than done.

Gatorblu likes this.
  3. x19er

x19er Boxer Insane

Just been catching up, I'm so sorry your going through this, all paws & fingers crossed for your both. We had to leave our Charlie several times at the Vet hospital while she was undergoing treatment and yes it is incredibly hard so you have my sympathies xx Remember she is with people who really love animals and will take such good care of her for you.

Gatorblu likes this.
  4. luvmyboy

luvmyboy Boxer Insane

Well... thank heavens for the happy news about her biopsies!! You are certainly in my thoughts tonight. Sending hugs & healing vibes from me & Tucker. Of course, you & Arabella are also in my prayers. hugicon

Get all better, sweet Arabella loveicon

Gatorblu likes this.
  5. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

That is great news about the biopsies! I am sending lot of positive vibes your way.---------->>>>

Gatorblu likes this.
  6. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

Arabella did great during her CT scan. She is still a but groggy, but laying next to me. She was whining quite a bit, and the student in charge said to give her some Benadryl. She got two tablets and ate a bowl of food. Hopefully that will calm her down to rest for the evening.

The tumor is thankfully not deep but it is wide. 4 centimeters wide. Once you add 3 more centimeters all around to get clear margins, that is a big chunk coming off. She gets dropped off tomorrow morning and will spend the night. She should come home the next day.

She will be sent home with an oral sedative so she can remain calm and give her leg a chance to heal. I have a crate, but she freaks out when put in it, so that isn't an option. I will put a sign on the door, telling people not to ring the bell or knock, but to call me. I know I read about someone on here doing that, though I don't remember who. Whoever, thank you for such a great idea, Since we will be moving soon and I have to take my bed apart anyway, I will do that before she comes home so she can sleep next to me and I won't have to worry about her jumping up or down.

I am just a nervous wreck, but thankfully my mom came up with me and is helping me think straight. She is also helping keep Arabella calm. Arabella has moved over by her and is laying down, and not whining so that is a good start. It is going to be a long few days ahead.

7. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

I know it's tough but it's for the best ..just think how nervous you'd be if they could not remove it !!!!
    Sending more healthy , healing & calming <<< vibes>>> your way ..

Gatorblu likes this.
  8. luvmyboy

luvmyboy Boxer Insane

Thinking of you & praying that God Himself will guide the minds, hearts & hands of Arabella's surgical team today... and that He will hold you, Pam in His loving arms as you wait today.

Gatorblu likes this.
  9. ZekeZira

ZekeZira Completely Boxer Crazy

Oh, the poor pumpkin. I'll be thinking of Arabella and you all day. Best wishes for great results and an easier than expected recovery.

Gatorblu likes this.
  10. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

I read sometime ago that when you see a Cardinal that is a sign that a loved one who has passed on is watching over you. In the past week there has been a bright red one in my yard. It even stayed on the ground when Arabella was chasing her tennis ball. I took it as a sign that Thor was watching out for his sister. After we dropped Arabella off this morning, my mom and I stopped at an observation deck at a state park. I asked God if it was a sign everything was going to be alright to please send me another Cardinal. We were there over 15 minutes and I didn't see a Cardinal. I was really starting to worry, as we were walking back to the car. Something made me turn around and that is when a Cardinal went flying by. All I could do was say "Thank you."

As I was typing I got a call from the vet hospital. Arabella is out of surgery and in recovery. They said she did great during surgery. (A HUGE sigh of relief!) She has a student doctor assigned to her (and only one other dog) throughout the day, so she is being watched carefully. The student, Nita, has a boxer mix of her own, so she understands the boxer mentality, and she has fallen in love with Arabella. So I know she is in good hands.

cantfindlog, Roge, x19er and 3 others like this.