1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So much for a lazy Sunday morning.

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by Gatorblu, May 17, 2015.

1. ZekeZira

ZekeZira Completely Boxer Crazy

Dangit! I've been thinking about you two for a couple of days and HATE this report! sadicon I was sooooooo hoping for a reaction to a wasp or bee sting. I'll continue thinking about you and Miss Arabella. I hope it all goes well - Benadryl does work wonders at calming those things down. Zira was on it for a while when she had a bad MCT (which was ultimately removed).

Gatorblu likes this.
  2. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

Thanks everyone. I talked to the UF (Univ. of FL) vet hospital this morning. She needs to see the cardiologist first, and of course they are a bit backed up so the earliest to get her in is on June 1st, so we will be heading up then. They are going to bring in an oncologist for consult at that time. I am torn because I want June to come and want her to get the help she needs, but I also don't want to put her through it all. sigh...

Roge likes this.
  3. Independence

Independence Boxer Insane

Dang Pam, not the news we wanted to hear either. Did they grade the MCT? I hope she don't need surgery. Maybe a vetalog injection will work? I know how hard waiting can be. Know we will keep you guys in our prayers.

Gatorblu likes this.
  4. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

Yes, definitely ask about the Vetalog. It might be the best thing with her heart condition.
    I am sending lots of positive vibes your way!

Gatorblu likes this.
  5. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

I will discuss all options when I get there. Right now I don't like giving her so much Benadryl. She is sleeping ALL the time. I took her outside to throw the tennis ball which is he favorite thing EVER, and she walked to pick up the ball and then laid in the sun. The vet suggested I give her one in the morning and two at night to keep her active, and I think I will go that route.

Roge likes this.
  6. LoveMyDoggie

LoveMyDoggie Boxer Insane

Very sorry to hear all this about your baby girl. Sending positive thoughts for both of you. hugicon

Gatorblu likes this.
  7. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

Happy to report that the one Benadryl during the day has been much better for Arabella. She was actually barking to be let out today! I have been so focused on her I missed my own appointment this past week. I will just have to reschedule.

Roge likes this.
  8. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

Well that's the start of the good news !!!!
    Us Mums of skin & fur babies seem to put ourselves last on the list of priorities.. Always have and always will .. It's the nature of the beast I guess ..

Gatorblu likes this.
  9. SweetCody

SweetCody Boxer Insane

Sending you many thoughts and prayers, I sure hope that Arabella will come through this with shining colors. Her antics always made me think of my Aniah, full of spunk and sass.

Gatorblu likes this.
  10. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

UF Vet hospital called and they had an opening with the oncologist an hour before our cardiology appointment, so we get to see both on Monday. I am happy Arabella will get to see both and have their full attention, but I am also anxious at the same time.

brodieboxer and cantfindlog like this.