Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by Gatorblu, May 17, 2015.
Good luck on Monday!! I will be thinking of you and Arabella
I hope your appointments go well!
Hugs, prayers & best wishes for you on Monday!
Every thing is crossed for you and Princess Arabella.. Sending lots of healthy <<< vibes >>> your way !!
I will be checking in Monday to see how things went. GOOD LUCK!
Arabella's heart is good! One hurdle cleared! Her echo couldn't have been any better! Still waiting on oncology to finish one more test. I will let you know when I can how that goes. I was just so excited her heart is healthy I had to share!
Glad to hear that you got some good news! I hope the next report will be good, as well.
Well could be better, could be worse. They did x-rays of her lungs and they were perfect. They did multiple ultrasounds of her abdomen to make sure everything there was clear. Liver and gall bladder are good, but she has two spots on her spleen. They did needle biopsies on them and they will get the results sometime tomorrow. The vet said if she had to guess by looking at them she thinks they are benign, and I truly hope she is right. Arabella has had a bump on her tummy for awhile and several other vets thought it was just a fatty tumor, and they did a needle aspirate on it and thankfully that is all it is. They can't get a good read on the lump on her leg though. So they gave me the option of just doing surgery first or to do a cat scan first. I opted for the cat scan. I want the surgeon to have as much info as possible BEFORE cutting into my girl. They gave me the option of doing the cat scan tomorrow and surgery on Wednesday or delaying it for a day and doing the cat scan on Wed. and surgery on Thurs.. I opted for waiting a day. I want to make sure the biopsies are in beforehand. I am all about getting more information before hand. Plus she hasn't eaten since last night and she would be skipping a meal tomorrow as well and then going into surgery. Plus she probably won't eat for a day or two after surgery. I think that is too much to put her through while cutting out meals.
They said the incision is going to be big and she is going to take at least 6 weeks to recover. She will also need to spend a few days at the hospital while they keep her sedated and on IV pain meds to keep the leg still. They want it to start to heal before sending her home. I can't begin to tell you how nervous all this is making me. And if they have to take the spleen too, I may need to be sedated with her.
For now she is sleeping on her bed and not ready to eat. I was hoping to get two meals into her today, but I guess that isn't happening. I will feed her three times tomorrow though. If you can please pray for my girl and send out some of those wonderful BW vibes, I would greatly appreciate it.
Arabella woke up shortly after I posted and did eat. And I did get another meal into her later. This morning she only ate the canned food I add to her food. She had a rough night. I think from all the poking and prodding aggravated her arthritis, or she had a reaction to the sedative. She whined for a good portion of the night. At 2 am I finally gave her some Rimadyl and she feel asleep shortly after and slept until the phone woke us up at 8:30. The vet called and the biopsies came back and she is in the clear! (Sigh of relief!) I let them know about the rough night and whining as well.
So I have to drop her off at the hospital at 8 am tomorrow for her CAT scan, so I think I am going to spend the in Gainesville tonight. That way I won't have to get up at 5 am to get there in time. (I am SO NOT a morning person! - Not that I am going to be getting much sleep as it is.) I will probably stay there the next night as well. So I can drop her off for surgery in the morning. I honestly don't know how I am going to survive the next few days after. Leaving my girl in a hospital for days isn't something I am built for. It is hard leaving her when I travel without her and she is with people I know. And because she is going to have to remain still I am not sure they will let me into visit her. But I will ask and if the do I will if they let me. Otherwise I am going to be a nervous wreck until I can bring her home.
Oh, Pam! Poor you and poor Arabella. That is such a lot to take and a lot to go through in such a short amount of time. I'll be thinking about you guys and praying that all goes perfectly and that Arabella recovers quickly and easily.
Separate names with a comma.