1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So much for a lazy Sunday morning.

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by Gatorblu, May 17, 2015.

1. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

I woke up this morning, turned on the coffee maker and let Arabella out. I got two sips of coffee before I made the princess her breakfast. She comes in running and grinning, her normal happy self. As I set her bowl down I noticed the bump on the side of her leg was HUGE! Needless to say I didn't get anymore coffee. I brushed my teeth and threw on yesterday's clothes and went to vet.

I did take a picture of the lump before we left. Good thing, too, as it started to go down by the time we got into see the vet. The vet aspirated it and put it on a slide. She then started making "Hmmmm" sounds. When I asked why she said she hadn't seen anything quite like it before. It was too runny to be a fatty lipoma and it wasn't pus to be an infection. She put it under a microscope and said there were several different types of cells so she wasn't sure what is going on. So she sent it off to a lab for further evaluation.

That's my girl. Nothing routine about her! We should hear back in about a week. I am really hoping it is nothing. I am attaching the picture froMy this morning. 20150517_083422.jpg

2. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

Wow that is quite a sizeable bump ..
    I wonder if it is some form of cyst ..
    Here's hoping they can give you answers !!!

Gatorblu likes this.
  3. luvmyboy

luvmyboy Boxer Insane

Positive thoughts & prayers that it is "nothing"!

Gatorblu likes this.
  4. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

Lots of positive thought coming your way. Hopefully it is nothing.
    Arabella, you really must stop scaring your Mom like that!

Gatorblu likes this.
  5. joeys mom

joeys mom Boxer Insane

Praying that it is nothing.... loveicon

Gatorblu likes this.
  6. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

Well not the news I wanted to hear. It is a MCT. Normally they recommend surgery to take them out, but with her collapse a few months ago, they don't want to do that. I have a call in to the veterinary college at UF and hope to get her in up there. They can do an echocardiogram on her heart and see if we do have an issue. I hoping not to have heart issue, as her Holter monitor looked so good. Something has to go right for my girl. And we can go from there to decide to do surgery or to some sort of injections. Either way starting today she will be getting Benadryl (diphenhydramine) twice a day. Right now all I can think is Damn! I just want my girl healthy and happy.

7. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

Oh dear you could be doing without that Pam and I echo your DAMN and I'll add one of my own!!!!!!
    One step at a time is the only way forward .
    Sending your Princess lot of positive <<<vibes>>>.

Gatorblu likes this.
  8. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

Oh no. Sorry to hear this. I hope the benadryl works. I hope she does not need surgery. Sending good vibes her way. Keep us posted....

Gatorblu likes this.
  9. luvmyboy

luvmyboy Boxer Insane

ohhhhh, no... am sad to hear this news. Hoping and praying that there is no heart issue... hoping & praying that diphenhydramine will make a difference for her. hugicon Hugs to you & Arabella, Pam.

Gatorblu likes this.
  10. SweetCody

SweetCody Boxer Insane

Sending vibes that the benadryl works great and no need for surgery. Sending prayers that her heart is fine.

Gatorblu likes this.