Noel has a brain tumor...

boxmom

Boxer Insane
Noel had been doing great again with her balance back, eyes cleared and sharp mind. Today her eyes were a bit goopey again and she had a head bobbing seizure again. It seemed to wipe her out and she was a bit confused and agitated afterwards, but still steady on her legs. Now, a few hours later and she seems to be getting back to herself and is resting comfortably. That is only the third seizure type episode which I have seen her have..of course, she is home alone on work days, but I do not think she is ready for any seizure medication. The vet had warned that it might be necessary. Other then the episode today she has been doing so well. She has gotten much stronger and has been very happy. We've been feeding her more smaller meals per day because of the hunger caused by the prednisone, which really seems to help. The increased thirst and peeing has been harder to deal with since we've had such cold weather here and Sweet Pea is not a fan of the snow and ice! We hit the 40 degree mark this weekend and got rid of some of the ice and snow so that will help. It's funny that I wanted to chronicle Noel's illness so that others might know what to expect; what I have learned so far is that you might not know what to expect. I just keep doing like you all have advised, spoiling her and taking each day as a gift. Thank you all for your continued prayers and kind thoughts..I believe they help! Here is a pic of my girl when we first adopted her.
dogs-6621-Edit.jpg

LoveMyDoggie

Boxer Insane
I am very glad your baby is doing well. That is a beautiful picture! I just realized you were also from Illinois. We are having a much better winter than last year. I think we hit 88 inches of snow where I live last year and it was brutally cold the whole time. Still sending good vibes for you both.

LoveMyDoggie

Boxer Insane
I went back and looked and your 1st post was over 2 months ago so I hope your baby continues to do well. I can tell she is surrounded with love How old is your boy Fred?

Roge

Boxer Insane
Oh what a sweetie !!!! I am so glad that she is holding her own and able to bounce back after her little set back .. Long may it last !!!