Need healing vibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathysboxer

Boxer Insane
My BF (Mike) has had neurotoxicity (paint poisoning) since 1995. He is experiencing some symptoms that I'm not sure if it has anything to do with that or not. He used to be an industrial painter, and got the poisoning. It more or less killed brain cells and messed up his nervious system. He and I didn't get together until 2001, but I knew him in 1997. He sometimes has trouble with short term memory, lost his sense of taste and smell (but thank God he recovered that somewhat when his gallbladder was taken out in 2001) among other things. He gets really bad migranes that he has to take Darvon for. Within the last couple months he is showing other symtoms I believe. He will be laying down, and all of a sudden get an imbalance as if the room is shifting from side to side. Then he will puke large amounts and break into a cold sweat. The last time this happened, he couldn't even get out of bed without falling down. He actually called off work. First time in 4 years. I am going to get ahold of a doctor in Pittsburgh to have him tested again. I am just so worried about him. I don't know if I can get him to go to the doctor. I am sorry this is so long, but I'm just so worried about him. He tries to just pass it off as "Oh well, not much I can do about it. That's just life for me." But I want to make sure it's not anything worse than possibly inner ear or something. Thankfully his case has been well documented. It was one of the first cases in PA. Thank you for listening. I will try to keep you all updated and hopefully he'll get to the doctor. Just need some healing vibes and prayers.

Austin's Mom

Boxer Insane
I really hope you can get him to see the Dr. That's a crappy way to live your life if there is something they can do to help with him. Keeping him in my thoughts and prayers, wishing you lots of luck and please keep us posted.

Indy's mom

Boxer Insane
I hope he agrees to see a doctor and right away. Sending healing, thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated.

kathysboxer

Boxer Insane
Thank you both so much. Don't know if there is anything they would be able to do medically if it has to do with the poisoning. His nervous system is just so wacked out. He will be really hot from the waist up and freezing from the waist down. He never really complains about all the stuff going on with him, so when he does say something, I know it's pretty bad. He's been sleeping for the past couple hours. Just seems to take the crap out of him.

joeys mom

Boxer Insane
I too hope he will agree to go to the Dr. He must realize that he has to atleast give it a chance going to see a Dr. and finding out what else they can do for him. ya never know they may be able to help him greatly. I wll keep you both in thoughts in prayers! sending some healing human vibes too. Hope he feels better soon.

kathysboxer

Boxer Insane
He woke up for a couple hours. As long as he is laying or sitting he's ok. I am just so worried. There is a good chance with the neurotoxicity he can develope MS or Parkinson's disease. I have been online all day checking the symptoms out for both. My grandfather had Parkinson's, and thankfully Mike doesn't have the tremors. But he does have some of the symptoms for MS. It is just so difficult since the poisoning totally screwed up his central nervous system. Thank you all. I do really appreciate your thoughtfulness. Just needed somewhere that I could "worry" and vent. I try not to let him know just how upset I get trying to deal with this.

Gruntsmom

Boxer Insane
Sending lots of healing and hopeful vibes for your BF, and keep you both in my prayers. Men can be stubborn sometimes about going to the doctor :(. Hope you can convince him.

DiverDiva

Boxer Insane
Sending healing vibes and 'get to the doctor' vibes. Sometimes it seems so hard to get men to see the doctor. I hope Mike makes an appointment first thing tomorrow morning!

kathysboxer

Boxer Insane
Thank you all again. He didn't sleep too well last night, but I think that is mostly from sleeping all day yesterday. He was fine when he got up, but about 1/2 hour later, he was a little dizzy. He said it's not like a spinning room, but the room shifts from side to side. Still trying to convince him to go to the doctor. Thanks again everyone.

Gen G. :)

Super Boxer
Thank you all again. He didn't sleep too well last night, but I think that is mostly from sleeping all day yesterday. He was fine when he got up, but about 1/2 hour later, he was a little dizzy. He said it's not like a spinning room, but the room shifts from side to side. Still trying to convince him to go to the doctor. Thanks again everyone.

I'm so sorry to hear about your BF's condition, I feel for you both. I know my situation is slightly different, but I know how you feel. I don't mean to highjack the thread at all, I just really understand your concern and how hard it is to deal with it! My BF has on his left arm a strange spot that could be skin cancer (has some characteristics of it, gets bigger with time/sun exposure etc) but he refuses to see a doctor about it. He even admits "yeah, it could be more than just a spot, but whatever, that's life". So I totally understand how helpless you might feel about convincing him. I tried a few times, different ways, I tried to be nice, concerned, sad, angry, nothing worked: we even ended up almost fighting about it sometimes. So I've just started looking online about skin cancer and pray it is nothing worse than just a weird spot. I don't mean to give up, but how can I possibly force him to go?

I really hope things get better with your BF's illness. It's so unfair that his work got him so sick... I'll keep you both in my thoughts. Lots of hugs and healing vibes!

Status
Not open for further replies.