Update
Well, our tests are complete and have no real answers. We have had multiple tests, all that have been normal at this point. We are waiting for some to come back. This includes the ammonia level, which if normal, the vet feels there is a 98% chance that Cassius does NOT have a liver shunt. Currently, he has some elevated enzymes, but the vet feels that it is more likely liver disease vs a shunt. Not sure if this is a good thing or not.
The vet also feels that the seizures and liver problems are unrelated, but rather Cassius has 2 problems, possibly epilepsy and liver prolems. In regards to the epilepsy, he feels that we should wait and see to see if he has any more before just giving him medications, especially since they are so hard on the liver.
The long and short of it is that Cassius does not need surgery at the moment, but he does not have a clean bill of health either. We are to currently carry on with what we have been doing, until we here from all the tests next week. I will continue to keep updating as we know more.
Thanks to everyone for being such a great support and showing such concern for Cassius. We all very much appreciate it!