bad news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruntsmom

Boxer Insane
Thinking of you and Cassius today and hope your appointment went well. Lots more healing and hopeful vibes going out for your boy.
 

taryndanae

Boxer Booster
Update

Well, our tests are complete and have no real answers. We have had multiple tests, all that have been normal at this point. We are waiting for some to come back. This includes the ammonia level, which if normal, the vet feels there is a 98% chance that Cassius does NOT have a liver shunt. Currently, he has some elevated enzymes, but the vet feels that it is more likely liver disease vs a shunt. Not sure if this is a good thing or not.

The vet also feels that the seizures and liver problems are unrelated, but rather Cassius has 2 problems, possibly epilepsy and liver prolems. In regards to the epilepsy, he feels that we should wait and see to see if he has any more before just giving him medications, especially since they are so hard on the liver.

The long and short of it is that Cassius does not need surgery at the moment, but he does not have a clean bill of health either. We are to currently carry on with what we have been doing, until we here from all the tests next week. I will continue to keep updating as we know more.

Thanks to everyone for being such a great support and showing such concern for Cassius. We all very much appreciate it!
 

Gruntsmom

Boxer Insane
Isn't waiting for test results the pits!!?

I hope Cassius is feeling OK. The healing and positive thoughts are going out for him continuously - we're all rooting for him. Hope you're doing OK, too. Cassius sure is a lucky boy to have you for a mom. Hugs
 

Sablegirl

Super Boxer
Hopefully the new will be good news. Thinking of you both and sending good vibes and boxer wiggles from Sable
 

jjcspencer

Boxer Buddy
Can't imagine the agony you are feeling. Carmel and I sure do hope Cassius is feeling better real soon, and everything works out for you both! Smooches and hugs from Carmel to Cassius!
 

taryndanae

Boxer Booster
Finally, some good news!

Hello,

Well, I have another update, and hopefully my last! We have returned from Saskatoon, and today we received the reports. Cassius' ammonia levels are normal, meaning he has NO shunt (= no surgery!). His liver enzymes are stilol elevated, but they are unsure of why. We are to remain on the milk thistle, TLIP, and SAM-E. We go back in a month to check his blood work again.

They still think he may also have epilepsy, but we are holding off on any medication for now (until he seizures again, which may or may not happen).

Thanks to everyones kind thoughts and words. It has been wonderful to have such understanding support!

Taryn, Greg, Rylind, and most of all, Cassius!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top