1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baby anyone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sbartels, May 16, 2002.

?

How old where you when your first child was born?

1. <18

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. 18-25

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  3. 25-30

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  4. 35-40

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. 40-45

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. >45

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosco'sMom

Bosco'sMom Super Boxer

Baby Envy

Well, I know what you mean about baby envy. I have had it for about 6 months now. Alot of my friends have been pregnant so that got me to wondering.

I am 27 now. We got married last October, but we had been dating ever since I was 16! Can you believe that? So my husband is like, "We waited this long to get married, so we can wait awhile to have kids". So it could be awhile but I really don't want to wait too much longer because you never know what might happen. If my husband had nothing to do with the decision I would like to start "trying" to get pregnant next year, 2003, that way maybe we could have the first one before I turn 30. I haven't told him that yet, but it sounds like a good idea.

Right now when people ask us, "when are you going to have kids?" Hurry up and have some babies". We just say to them, "whenever we think about having children, we just get a new pet" LOL! If we keep doing that our house will be a zoo!

2. uno

uno Boxer Pal

I couldn't vote in the Poll cause I was 31 when Robby was born, and there wasn't a spot for 31 - 34.

3. tanyaj77

tanyaj77 Completely Boxer Crazy

sbartels,
    Sorry my post got you thinking :rolleyes:
    You sound as if you know what you want in life which is great. Believe me, I am the last person any of my friends expected to have a baby (since they all do already).I did a lot of travelling and partying . A lot of my friends were young mothers and they missed out on alot of things. My bestfriend actually has 2 kids and works at KFC making awful money. You're smart....get your education first. Only 2 more years to go!! I don't know if you've travelled much, but if not you have to do that too :D Everyone has a different time in their lives when they're ready to have children. Please enjoy yourself now and make the best out of the childless years to come because when they do get here.....Uh oh look out :p Plus you babysit your friends kids....that's the best part being able to get them all spoiled and then sending them home. I love to do that......Hey!! I hope nobody does that to me :p
    Good luck ;) Umm are you close to me? Hehe I would love a boxer mommy babysitter :p

4. sbartels

sbartels Boxer Booster

Tanya,

Hmm...no, not very close to you, sorry! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice though. Yes, I have traveled a lot, but still have MANY places I want to go.

Thanks again,
    Sarah

5. RileyMom

RileyMom Boxer Booster

I am 29 (will be 30 on Saturday) with a 6 month old son. My husband and I have been married 4 years tomorrow. I think the timing was perfect for us.

They say if you wait until you can afford kids, you'll never have kids, and that's true enough. But you do have to be in the right state of mind, because your life will never be the same again.

We'd been waiting for the "right" time, when my mother-in-law passed away, far too young, a year and a half ago. It made us really stop and think about our priorities. We wished we'd had a child already so she could have seen him/her.

We decided to stop trying to NOT have kids, and see what life dealt us. And sure enough we were dealt a fine hand! Our son is truly amazing, and we are so blessed to have him!

Another thing that made us think about it was that we have friends who have been seriously trying to get pregnant for years, and not having any luck. So we weren't sure how long it would take us.

It's a sad twist of fate for too many people, but the human body is just so darn fertile in the teen years when you're trying to NOT have babies, and when you get a little older you really have to work for it.

Sorry to post so long. In short, I just wanted to say that the time is right when it's right in your heart. Money, schedules, and all the rest will fall into place well enough as long as your heart is ready to welcome a little bundle of pure love!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.