1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baby anyone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sbartels, May 16, 2002.

?

How old where you when your first child was born?

1. <18

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. 18-25

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  3. 25-30

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  4. 35-40

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. 40-45

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. >45

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rowdy's Dad

Rowdy's Dad Guest

What Aimee said!

I know Vasha and hang out with her at boxer bashes. She is an alright girl. (That's as big of a compliment as I dare, being happily married and wanting to stay that way. LOL) My point was to be the best that you can and don't worry so much about that mister right. He'll come along if he hasn't already and nobody should put their entire life on hold to look for someone who may already be under their nose.

I'm sorry if I have offended anyone. Sometimes I speak my mind, but the translation to my mouth(or fingers) can be offensive. My wife calls me a "Bull in a china shop". Like usual, she is right.

As far as finding Mrs. Right, I was pretty unhappy in the military and I prayed for Mrs. Right. Three weeks later I got a letter in the mail from my future wife. She worked with her aunt for the summer and met a friend of mine's mom and she gave Carol my address and we started out as pen pals. Sixteen months later we were married. I gave up trying to find her myself and let her find me.(with God's help of course)

Last edited: May 17, 2002
  2. vaboxer

vaboxer Completely Boxer Crazy

Im 26 and my fiance is going to be 29 next week.

I constantly struggle with this issue. I feel like I am in a WAY to selfish place right now to think about a child. Doug and I spend every waking minute with the dogs and we love them so much...but when it comes to babies we can never figure out what we want.

I know I want 1 child...1...and if it comes out a girl I may have to have another one because Doug's brother isnt having children and they must have a male child to carry on the name...bla bla bla...

But...back to the question...I want to wait until I am 30. I think in 4 years I will be financially stable enough to bring a child into this world and give them everything they need. Doug wants me to have a baby right after we are married but there is just no way...I am not ready at all.

I always wanted to be a young mom...at 30 I feel I will still be...it doesnt concern me anymore. When I am ready I will be ready...and if it happens tomorrow we will deal.

3. vasha

vasha Boxer Pal

Re: What Aimee said!

Thanks Donald!! I was just so surprised that you could mean it any other way. Just hadta make sure!!

lola snuggles n kisses lovicon
    kaiser hugs n slobbers foolicon
    VaSHa frogicon

4. VTbxrFan

VTbxrFan Boxer Insane

I can definitely relate to that! In my early and mid 20's, I really felt like I was in a hurry to get married and have kids because I wanted to have them all before I was 30. I also spent most of those years in a bad relationship with the wrong guy. Once I finally got out of that situation, I started to really think about what I wanted in life and if that automatically meant having kids. So for the last couple of years (I just turned 30), I've been leaning towards thinking that I don't -- I know my sister wants kids so I'll have some in my life, and I don't know if it's really what I want for myself.

Now I'm starting to lean back towards having them, mostly because my boyfriend loves kids and will be an incredible father. It's a lot easier to think about when the potential father actually exists and isn't just some imaginary guy who is going to leave all the parenting up to me. I hate to think about how neurotic my kids would turn out if I were the only one in the picture! :D

5. myrocky

myrocky Boxer Insane

I am right with you on this one Aimee. Scott and I don't want kids at all. Truth be told I can not stand children one bit. Now don't y'all hate me it is just how I am. So we are not having kids ever. My mom used to say the same thing to me but I put my foot down and made her take look at my side. Just because I am female does not mean I need/want kiddies in my life. Slowly she is dealing with it :LOL: :LOL: She's got five grandkids anyway she doesn't need any more ;)

6. Aimee

Aimee Boxer Insane

That is me EXACTLY!! I'm getting married September 14 and although I have been with Jason for 4 years, reality is setting in and I am freaking out :eek: But of course when you start talking marriage, everyone starts to bug you about children so this is a touchy subject right now anyway....I'm glad to see that I'm not alone :)

7. VTbxrFan

VTbxrFan Boxer Insane

So Andie, do you want to babysit for me if I have kids a few years down the road? ;)

8. Debbie Magon

Debbie Magon Boxer Pal

I had my three children very young and often felt life was a never ending circus .
    The fine art of juggling work, babies, illnesses and disasters, to name but a few!!!!

I envied others who were still childless, stress free and having a ball. ( Not to mention had money to burn!!)

Now I am still fairly young ( no reponse required here Cubby! )nonoicon :LOL: and are enjoying my freedom and childless state!!!:D

I see my friends who waited , as older mums and dads, who are now experiencing much the same difficulties as I did whilst a young mum.

I guess its all down to what happens and when.
    If I had my time over , even though it was stressful and tiring, I dont think I would change the age I had a family at all.

Just perhaps , married a rich man! ;) :LOL:

9. Nikkichele

Nikkichele Boxer Buddy

I voted 18-25 because I was 21 when I had my first baby and 22 when I had my second. I am now 24 with a almost 3 yr old. and almost 2 yr. old. I sometimes wish they were farther apart agewise, but then I realize that they need each other. They are total opposites and they balance each other out. They also balance me out. Sometimes, I wonder what I would be doing if I didn't have kids, but then again, I can't ever imagine my life without them. When it is right for you to have kids, you will, and if it never is, then that is right too. It doesn't really matter how old or young you are. I am glad I had mine young though because they have half-brothers that are 8-9 and 6-7 yrs older than them and they are starting to enjoy playing with them and the older brothers like to be the "Big" brother.

Nikki

Jaeger 1/28/02 flashy fawn, docked, floppy, one of the boys!

10. leenasmom

leenasmom Boxer Insane

I was 17 years old when I had Zoe. She went to my high school graduation with me and we have been inseperable since her birth. I don't think having Zoe young effected my life in any bad ways. I am 22 with my own 3 bedroom house in a nice neighborhood with a new truck. I will be like 34 or 35 when she graduates high school :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.