1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baby anyone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sbartels, May 16, 2002.

?

How old where you when your first child was born?

1. <18

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. 18-25

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  3. 25-30

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  4. 35-40

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. 40-45

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. >45

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rexob

rexob Boxer Pal

baby anyone

Please don't wait.. Money or no money! Things always work out. I waited too long, and last year had to have a hyst. Now there is no chance of me carrying my own child. If god is willing take advantage of it now.

2. sbartels

sbartels Boxer Booster

Sorry about leaving out the option of 30-35. They should take away my rights to post a poll until I can do it properly! :D

3. heidiho

heidiho Super Boxer

We don't have any kids yet. I am now 33 and we are starting to think that the time is right. We have been married for 11 years. Having kids is a very personal and private decision. I find it very annoying when people ask me "when are you going to have kids?" "You are going to be a senior citizen when they are teenagers". Give me a break. I just feel like slapping some sense and respect into those people. We were too young and not mentally mature until our 30s. Not that that is anyones business. Anyway, not everyone is this rude, thankgoodness. We know that by waiting we will be able to be better parents.

4. jewels

jewels Boxer Booster

I don't have any kids yet. I have the guy, we just aren't anywhere near ready yet. :P We are both 19 and we would like to get married when we are about 22 and have a baby then. Heck, a couple of the girls I graduated with are already married and everyone asks why me and Marshall haven't been. And I just go because you are serious doesn't mean you have to hurry into marriage. (And plus I still look about 16 hehehe).

5. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

I don't have kids yet but do think about it often, I am 37, my hubby and I will be married 9 years the end of the month. I wanted to enjoy being married for awhile. I love kids, but I want to be absolutely sure the time is right. I like to plan everything out and I am also a procrastinator and really have a hard time making BIG decisions. I remember when I was younger I had this plan to be married by 20 and have 2 kids, but it didn't work out that way. I love being around other people's kids but if I see sometimes a child misbehaving at a store, etc. I wonder how I would handle it. I do not have much patience and that concerns me, my husband is the oposite, he is very patient. I am sure I will know when the time is right. I wonder since I think about it a lot lately. I really don't want to have a baby as late as 40. We sometimes get from people (when are you having kids), it is really no one's business, it is a personal thing.

Linda/NJ
    Ginger * June 4, 1997
    Flashy Fawn * Natural Earsqueenicon

6. sbartels

sbartels Boxer Booster

I hope you guys don't think I'm being too personal by asking this or wanting to talk about it. I get SO annoyed when my friends ask me the "kids question" because they judge me by the way they live their life. I hate that! Although I think many times that they are too young or unprepared, I don't say rude things like that to them. Actually, three of my friends have children from unplanned (at, at least at the beginning, unwanted) pregnancies, and yet they continue to force the idea on me. I am a planner to the end, and have certain things in life that I want to accomplish before having children, becoming a doctor is one of these. It annoys me when they put down what I'm doing because they think it is more noble to be a stay-at-home-mom. Now, don't get mad at me here, because I think it is VERY noble to be a mom, but they tell me that my schooling will be wasted because I'll never be able to work and have babies. I plan to and I'm pretty sure that I can handle it. Anyway, just some thoughts here. :)

7. WAT

WAT Boxer Insane

My age bracket was not listed so I could not vote, but I was 33 was Dalton was born.

8. Zoe'smom

Zoe'smom Boxer Pal

Thoughts on Children

Original post by Myrocky "Truth be told I can not stand children one bit"

I am all about that one. I have been with my hubby for 6 years, four of them married. When I asked him to marry me, in that proposal was the addition that if you say yes this will be a childless marriage. I am and was so sure that I did not want children that after my 30th birthday, I had my tubes tied so there will never be that oops. The reason that I did it was that it was all my decision and that if anything did happen to me and Chuck decided to marry again he could have children if he wanted too.
    I am selfish and I fully admit it. I want him all to myself and I want all the toys and travel that are not usually possible if you have children. Children are expensive and it does not end when they turn 18. I should know, we hit a crisis this year and if it had not been for our parents supporting us financially (we are 31 & 33) we would have had to sell our home and moved back into an apartment or worse back in with our parents. I love both my parents and my in laws but living with a parental unit once is more than enough.
    :D

9. martins

martins Boxer Booster

wow! I'm so glad I checked out this thread and especially to know we're not the only ones that have no plans for children. Neither my husband or I have any interest in having kids, we're both 25 and have been together for almost 7 years, married almost 2. After a year or so of dating, we started talking about it because I had never had any interest in having kids. I knew I was really young then and might change my mind, but that it was a strong possibility that my mind wouldn't change. If I would have found out that he really wanted to, we wouldn't have stayed together. I say his mom has "grandbaby fever", and her idea is that it's just what you do - you grow up, get married, and have kids, not that it is an option. Luckily my mom is cool with whatever we decide. My husband says once his sister has kids that his mom will let off, but I'm not so sure, we'll see.

Zoe'smom, lots of people consider us selfish for the same reason you said but I think it would be selfish for a couple like us TO have children because we're not the ones who really want them.

For sbartels, you'll know when the time comes, I have lots of friends having kids now and they just don't get where we're coming from. I can't tell you from experience, but you seem to know what your priorities are for now, so I'm sure you'll figure it all out! Good luck!

10. khousman

khousman Boxer Insane

I was a couple months shy of 20 when I had Madison. It wasn't planned and I know that I really wasn't ready to have a baby. But I would never go back and change things. She means everything to me. I am no longer with her father and unfortunately, my husband had a vasectomy when he was 22(long story). I didn't think that it would bother me to not have any more kids, but I have had total baby fever for the past year. I would give anything to be able to have another, but we do not have the money for a reversal. I think it is better to be ready and positive that you want a child. But if I would have waited and still married my husband, then I wouldn't have any children. I believe that everything happens for a reason.

Kristi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.