1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts are with you .

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Roge, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

I thought about going to help. I was going to look for an organization that I could bring supplies. Then i was reading about gas shortages and the campgrounds being full of evacuees. My presence would take from those who needed resources more. It is best to find an organization just donate money so they can get what is most needed. There are two boxers rescues in the Houston are that I am aware of, Lone Star Boxer Rescue, and Houston Boxer Rescue. ASPCA is looking for donations. There is the Red Cross and the Salvation Army, as well.

joeys mom likes this.
  2. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I best way to help right now, is to send money. I am watching CNN and they were just rescuing a family with 3 dogs, one looked like a boxer.

joeys mom likes this.
  3. joeys mom

joeys mom Boxer Insane

Yes I agree with donating since I cant physically go ... and I will .... thanks for the names of the local rescues loveicon

4. LoveMyDoggie

LoveMyDoggie Boxer Insane

Here is the latest update. The group heading down is all the way from Iowa. They have contacted various rescues along the way to drop these babies off on the way home. Once again the majority of these dogs are confirmed to be strays. There is just nowhere to put them . This is the message from the President of our Foster rescue in Illinois.

Texas update: we are working with Last Hope Rescue out of IA. They are on there way to TX now. We told them we'd pull 5 under 30 lbs. Not sure what is left but I hear there are tons. These dogs may be HW+ and we won't know much til they load the truck and it will be a guessing game once the dogs get here. I'll be getting pics as they see them tomorrow. Stay tuned. Thank you for wanting to help. Bear with us please as we sort this out. Prayers for these rescuers who are making the trip.

Roge likes this.
  5. bxrbgood

bxrbgood Boxer Insane

So sad. The devastation, so complete. The loss of lives. :(
    I've givin to North Texas Boxer Rescue. They help so many dogs. I will continue to do so.

Roge likes this.
  6. LoveMyDoggie

WOW!!! The rescues are coming out of the woodwork to help these dogs. This is group leaving from Illinois that we are going to pull a couple more from. The group from Iowa pulled 125 dogs from the shelters in Texas and had all of them spoken for from area rescues. I love our rescue network. Details below about the Illinois group.

Update: I've just talked with this group who is leaving tomorrow at noon. They have room for 25 dogs and will be posting who they pull. TRAIN can then tag the dogs we want. A couple of us will be watching the page like crazy starting on Sunday...They don't know what size or breeds so we shall see. If we get any they will need to be transported up here sometime next week..We will need help with transport. Group is out of Murphysboro, IL....STAY TUNED.......

Roge likes this.
  7. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

Absolutely fantastic work !! Hats off to all involved.

8. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

I know the shelters around here took dogs in. our county shelter too in 20 or 25. Orlando took in 30. Now these poor pups may have to go through another storm. The ones that came into our county shelter were strays or surrenders. It breaks my heart that people are surrendering their dogs. I understand they have lost their homes and cannot take care of them, but it still break my heart.

9. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

It breaks my heart too Pam!!! I would have to be on deaths door to give mine away they are like my children !!
    Fingers crossed that the storm that is due to hit your neck of the woods is not severe and passes quickly!!

10. LoveMyDoggie

The surrenders are definitely what breaks my heart. I was shocked talking to the different rescue groups how many people just dropped their dogs off and left.