1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pitbulls

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by KELLY W, Jul 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LisaM

LisaM Boxer Buddy

I know this to be true with Rottweilers! If two females don't get along and get into a fight, it is usually until one dies! :eek: But I know someone who lives with 2 female Rottweilers, and 2 female Chow Chows...4 females all in the same house hold and she doesn't really have problems.

2. Arc4

Arc4 Boxer Pal

The females can also have bad fights in other breeds, such as Boxers and Rhodesian Ridgebacks.

Yet, if their personalities are compatible, females can also get along very well in all the above breeds. I'm a big fan of Rottweilers and Boxers, I think they are awesome breeds. I plan to get a Boxer one day, and I've already owned a Rottweiler before.

Chows are interesting. Every female Chow I've run into was extremely people aggressive (towards anyone that wasn't in the immediate family). When I was young, I had two female Chows attempt to attack me, while the males just stood back and did nothing. The males, OTOH, are a little more tolerant around strangers (aloof, but not overtly aggressive like the females were), at least that is what I observed so far. Ive only known about 6 Chows, so its not a big enough sample size to base anything on. Having said that, I can't say I care for their independent and rather cat-like personalities.

3. buffym

buffym Super Boxer

My neighbor has a white pitbull and my boxers LOVE to play with her!! She is just the sweetest dog.

I know pit bulls have a very bad reputation and I used to think they were bad dogs, however, I now work in an emergency vet clinic and have since changed my mind. One of my firiends has 4 of pitbulls and 3 kids and says she would not own any other breed, they are wonderful with her kids.

I think it is all in how you raise them. You treat them right and they will treat you right. Of course, that is the same with any breed of dog.

4. LisaM

LisaM Boxer Buddy

You're in a similar situation as I. I have a Rottweiler and am researching Boxers and will maybe add one in the right time. :)

Chow Chows are very misunderstood. I don't know a lot about them, but her two females are very friendly. I've never had a problem with them. But she has worked a lot with training and socialization. She's a professional dog trainer. So she knows how to train them, and understands the breed. I personally wouldn't want a Chow Chow especially with little kids and their cat like traits. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.