1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miss you forever baby girl, Sammie, aka Mugster

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by msnitsirk, Mar 17, 2017.

1. msnitsirk

msnitsirk Boxer Booster

Thank you everyone, I sincerely appreciate your kind words for Sammie. loveicon

Bear with me for a minute for a story about how grief really kicks you in the ass when you're not expecting it.......

When I went back to work today (I had been working at home and playing hospice nurse all week) I fully expected to break down again when they all hugged me and gave me condolences. I was prepared for that and saw it coming. What I did NOT expect and hit my like a ton of bricks was no one to say goodbye to when I left for work this morning. We had a morning ritual. I would get up and get her up and outside. She would then eat and lay next to the couch while I showered and got ready. After that I would say "time to get comfies" and she would jump up on the couch and I would wrap her up in her blanket. I would then give her kisses and tell her how much I loved her and what time I'd be home and what time and if pet sitter would be there in between if I had a late day. We did that EVERY morning, even if I was running late, I didn't care, she came first. Today, there was no one to say goodbye to and that's the part that really hurt, didn't even see it coming. I still told her how much I love her anyway and then cried the whole way to work.

I had slightly calmed once I got there and then there was a homemade memories frame on my desk as a gift from one of the girls that works for me. I'll post a pic later, it's a very sweet gesture from a fellow dog lover. It has Sammie's name on it and a spot for two pictures that she will add once I pick them out and print them.

I know many of you have been through this and I know it will get better, but it just hurts sooooo much right now. Each time I think I'm okay something else happens to trigger the crying again. This morning really got me and I didn't even see it coming.

Roge likes this.
  2. LoveMyDoggie

LoveMyDoggie Boxer Insane

The being it through it before is probably why the majority of us have tears in our eyes as we read this. I think we forget how much we depend on our fur babies to make it through the day. Daisy has the same routine everyday with my wife. She wakes up and she goes outside with her 2 Labby brothers. They come in and Daisy sits on the chair with my wife while the Labbys find somewhere to go back to sleep. Daisy stays there until my wife goes to work. At night she rushes in to grab the spot in bed right next to my wife and if either of the other dogs try to take it she just pushes them off the bed. Same scenario everyday. Things will get better for you and the memories will turn from tears to smiles.

msnitsirk likes this.
  3. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

And then you think your ok and getting there and just out of the blue it hits you ..
    I lost Spike my little terrier a year ago in January and I still get those moments and they come from nowhere sometimes I think when this happens that it is his way of still being with me ..well that's what I like to think and it makes me feel better!!

msnitsirk likes this.
  4. bxrbgood

bxrbgood Boxer Insane

:( Yes, it's hard to lose a dog. :( You have my sympathies. Hope you can get in a good place soon. RIP Sammieangelicon

msnitsirk likes this.
  5. Lisa H

Lisa H Completely Boxer Crazy

16386973_10208588651688886_2590453941578325442_n.jpg

GDOGS1 and msnitsirk like this.
  6. GDOGS1

GDOGS1 Boxer Insane

So sorry for your loss of Sammie, will keep you in our thoughts and prayers during this most difficult time. run forever free Sammie and Godspeed.

msnitsirk likes this.
  7. ZekeZira

ZekeZira Super Boxer

It is so hard to find a new rhythm, when the heartbeat of your home is gone. :cry:
    It will get easier but it will never be easy. Love to you and I'm grateful you have such supportive friends

msnitsirk likes this.