1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got Snakes??

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Greg, Jun 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronw

ronw Boxer Pal

Hi everyone, I'm new to being a Boxer owner but do have:

1- Female (0.1) normal Burmese Python
    2 - 1.1 Peruvian Redtail boas
    1- 0.0.1 Common bci boa

I just wanted to comment on the feeding live issue. There is no reason to ever feed a pet snake live food. The damage that can be done is amazing. Frozen/thawed is way more beneficial to the health of the animal.
    So please, if you feed live stop now and go to frozen/thawed or pre-killed. Your snake will thank you for it.

2. Greg

Greg Boxer Booster

Hi ronw, I had a problem feeding frozen dead /thawed, my two ball phyton kid's won't eat dead /thawed food. They just leave it lay there. I have better result's feeding live fresh feeder rat's. Yes my Gloria got bit on the month by a rat and got infection which the vet cleared up. Yes it was very expensive, but she will still only eat live.

3. ronw

ronw Boxer Pal

Try stunning the rat by putting it in a sack and whacking it against something, i.e. the floor. This way the rat won't be able to react as quickly.

4. Greg

Greg Boxer Booster

Got Snakes

Been a long time since I've been here. Just wanted to say HI everyone in the snake world. My Gloria and Monte are doing great. They been very active now that we have hot weather. They both love the heat. I still handle them alot just to keep them socialized. Hope to hear from our fellow snake lovers.

5. Greg

Greg Boxer Booster

Got Snake's

Well another Chritmas has past, 2004 where the time go?? Hope all of our snake friend's had a great Christmas. We're just sitting by waiting for the New Year to pop in. Everybody have good New Year!!

6. Brookesmami

Brookesmami Boxer Booster

My Zuri got a nice fat Christmas rat dinner!
    Zuri is an Albino burmese. He is just over 5 feet and about a year old.

7. Greg

Greg Boxer Booster

Got Snakes

Hi !!, Fellow snake lover's. Been a long time since I've been here. Monte and Gloria, my Ball Python's are doing fine.

8. Greg

Greg Boxer Booster

Got Snakes

It's July and it's hot here in Wisconsin. Tomorrow July 24th it's suppose to be 95 here with a heat index of 105. The snakes kids love the heat, they are very active, mostly they just sleep but with this heat they are rock'n. They love going outside in the sun. Oskar Da Boxer on the other hand is staying in the air conditioned house, where it's cool. Boxers are so smart.

9. catneon

catneon Completely Boxer Crazy

Well I am bumping up this thread to officially sign in as a snake owner!
    I never had much interest in getting a snake. I had and still have a variety of herps from geckos to iguanas, bearded dragon and chameleons. But I started to get interested in them a few months ago and finally got my first last weekend.

I got a Amelanistic Corn snake beautiful orange and yellow coloring.

So a big hello to the Boxer/Snake owners out there!

10. Greg

Greg Boxer Booster

Got Snakes

Welcome to the friends of snakes. It's been awhile since anybody came in to say Hi. It's been along time since I've been here. Last time was a year ago in July. Now it's June and 95 degrees again. Have fun with your corn snake and yes they are beautiful in color. Hope to hear more about him. Like what did you name him ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.