Fuming Angry!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbey_eisma

Boxer Buddy
I would be so livid!! At least you have the right paperwork to prove what your baby is!! I would want to go downstairs and chew out some major a**!! Let us know how the whole thing turns out!!

CondoPup

Banned
Austin's Mom said:
How about leaving her a note saying that if she doesn't stop bothering you you're gonna file a harassment charge against her since you aren't breaking any complex rules.

I am 100% on board with this - in fact, I'd mention to management that you are considering consulting with an attorney due to this neighbor's ongoing and unwarranted harassment (a good offense may be your best defense). State that you are DONE defending yourself for simply living peacefully within the guidelines of your lease, and would like them to remind this person that when she signed her OWN lease she acknowledged that dogs are allowed there (and thus they have something in writing, with her signature, basically stating she is aware of and accepts the dog policy).

If she has changed her mind about wanting to live in a dog-friendly apartment complex (because, again, this was HER CHOICE when she signed her lease!!) then she can always break her lease and move (at her expense, of course).

IMO the only person she should be mad at is herself for not considering how she really would feel about living in a place that allows up to two dogs per unit. Seriously, I would go on the offense, and have them start questioning this other tenant for her trouble-making and for deciding to harass dog owners in a complex that she knew, up front, was dog-friendly. Remind the managers that they are at risk of losing good tenants due to one person changing her mind about wanting to live around dogs - which is really not your problem, and shame on them for indulging her.

EMWAZ

Super Boxer
beausmommy said:
I am so freaking mad I'm about to blow a fuse. MY DOG IS NOT A PIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have TWO dogs in my apartment. I've already gathered Beau's AKC papers (I had him registered for this very reason) as well as paperwork from 2 vets stating that he is a BOXER. I'm taking Beau and Gretchen to the office tomorrow to show them the dogs and make them take photos for future reference. I also want them to tell the old ***** to leave me the hell alone. I don't get mad very easily, but I can't help myself. Why does this hag feel the need to do this? I understand that she doesn't like big dogs, but that gives her NO right to complain to management that he is a pitbull (she has been told that he's not). I also think it's absurd that I'm going to have to take time out of my day to meet with management to discuss the breed of my dog. There are several pit bulls in the complex that I see all the time. Why isn't anyone complaining about them if pits aren't allowed? I also think it's absurd that they want to search my apartment.

Don't waste thie energy on gettting mad, use it to fight her. She may just be ignorant and afraid of any dog and that's her way of dealing with it. I'm glad you have the papers too because that will help you. I would also ask exactly who made the complaint, being that it is incorrect you want to address it!! Good Luck and just love you dogs and I hope your managers are good people!!

LilygirlCO

Boxer Insane
That's terrible! In the new apartment complex that we just moved into, there is a lady that is terrified by Lily and has told us so. She also consistely tells her little Shitzu that Lily is going to eat him/her alive! We made the lady let her dog meet Lily so she realized she was nice but she is STILL terrified of her. Anyways, we know one day she is going to complain that we have a vicious dog or something! But what we did was take Lily into the management office and let everyone meet her and play with her. We take her by there once a week now and they feed her slices of apples (they think it is so funny that she loves apples as treats) and play with her and all know that she is a good dog. I'm sure if anyone was to complain that we are housing a vicious pitbull or dog in general they would roll their eyes and say it is a playful Boxer puppy. You might try taking Beau to meet some of management. Let everyone see what a great dog he is and that he is not vicious nor dog he come from a mean breed.

LilygirlCO

Boxer Insane
Another thing you might want to do is enroll Beau in CGC certificate training and then they would have no reason to think that Beau was an aggressive dog and he would have that title under his belt. :)

CondoPup

Banned
LilygirlCO said:
what we did was take Lily into the management office and let everyone meet her and play with her. We take her by there once a week now and they feed her slices of apples (they think it is so funny that she loves apples as treats) and play with her and all know that she is a good dog. I'm sure if anyone was to complain that we are housing a vicious pitbull or dog in general they would roll their eyes and say it is a playful Boxer puppy.

This is really smart (an ounce of prevention = a pound of cure, right? ;) ).

KristenElla

Boxer Booster
Heck with warning the lady - it sounds like she is an unreasonable person. I wouldn't bother.

I would explain to the complex in a nice way that you are not (and have never been) in violation of any portion of your lease. I would explain that you are aware who the person is that has been falsely reporting you and you will be consulting an attorney on the best way to proceed. Tell them that do you do not want to be harrassed when you are not doing anything wrong. Tell them they are allowed to contact you anytime to view your apartment as you have nothing to hide and that this is nothing against them. Indicate that you need to cover yourself by creating a paper trail because this woman has a problem with you that she is using the apartment mgmt to fight (through false accusations) and it needs to end NOW. Also, I would indicate that I was in fear that she would do something crazy to me or my pets.

I would then go to an attorney and have him/her draft a letter stating that you have a 100% Boxer, only two dogs in your apartment and are not breaking any rules. I would make certain the lady either gets her own letter or gets a copy of the letter to management.

You may have to pay a bit for the attorney but if you don't nip this in the bud it's going to escalate and cause you a TON more anger and frustration. I have learned not to monkey around with people anymore. Most people like this don't respond to being nice or logical. I take care of things up front before they go too far and that way I always have a paper trail to cover my back. That's my two cents!! :)

sargejimenez

Super Boxer
I would tell the landlord that you want to file a complaint of harrassment against the old *****. That if they don't warn her to mind her own darn business you will get the law involved. There has to be something in the lease about harrassing your neighbors or threttening them is against the rules.that evilicon!

I'm with introducing Beau to management and letting them know he is a sweet dog. Also, let it be known that you have broken no complex rules, since he is not a pit bull and you have no more than two dogs in your apartment. Then I would write a letter to the woman who is harrassing you stating the same thing. And telling her that if the harrassment does not stop, you will take legal action against her for harrassment.

((hugs))

beausmommy

Boxer Insane
I made quite a scene in the office on Saturday. I simply asked the girl working to look at Gretchen since she was leaving Sunday and management wouldn't be able to see her. She told me she's terrified of dogs and wouldn't even look at her through a window (I guess that rules out introducing Beau to the people in the office). Neither would the groundskeeper since "his dog bit him and he doesn't deal with dogs anymore." The agent told me she's not familiar with the situation (even though she called me by name) and told me I'd have to come back Monday to talk with management. She then opened the door and pretty much pushed me out. She then told me to have a nice day. I NEVER use the f-word, but I replied with "Go f*** yourself." She wouldn't even let me explain that everything would change by today. Oh, well...it's in my favor. The only dogs at home are my two now! I knocked on the old hag's door and told her politely that I'd appreciate it if she would stop making false accusations about my animals. She replied, "I haven't called the office about your dogs or anything else as long as you keep them over there." I told her I knew she was lying because someone in the office told me it was her (by accident). She then slammed the door in my face..lol. I'm sure that shocked the **** out of her! I know it was her because she said "CALLED". Did I say she CALLED?...nope! I've left a message for the manager to call me. I want her to come do the inspection today and see for herself what a sweetheart Beau is. I have also printed out tons of info on boxers as well as some sweet photos from BW (no names or urls are used) so that they can see what boxers are really like. Hopefully, they'll pass the info on to the hag and tell her to leave me (and them) the heck alone! I'll let you know how the meeting goes! Thanks for all your support and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.