1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canidae changing formula??

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by PARIS05, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fracerj

fracerj Boxer Buddy

Diarrhea

Isaac my 19 mos. old has been eating the Chicken formula his whole life and the results are
    wonderful however at some point over the summer i got a new Pup (lucas) and shortly there
    after switch to Turkey, Chicken, Lamb, rice Isaac had a diarrhea reaction to it but my pupp
    could eat it without a problem so i switched back and been better but now today Isaac had
    more Diarrhea (on my carpet) poor guy anyhow I wanted to share that with you guys plus
    the Pet store had others complianing about the same problem .... sorry if this was covered
    somewhere in this post but I didn't have time to read through them all ...

2. kathysboxer

kathysboxer Boxer Insane

Almost everyone who was/is feeding Canadae is experiencing problems. I was using that for Tyson and worked great. Then the switch. It was horrible. The only thing I've found that works so far is raw or home cooked. I am still looking for a kibble for back up if needed.

3. cocoboxers

cocoboxers Boxer Booster

Disappointed...

I, too, am disappointed in the change in Canidae's formula. We have been feeding it to Apollo ever since we got him as a puppy. The pet food store where we buy his food told us that they were changing the formula. We decided to try it and, fortunately, Apollo didn't have a problem with it. However, because they have gotten so many complaints, the pet food store is no longer selling it. I wold rather be safe than sorry, so I have started putting Apollo on EVO. Now, he is starting to itch and break out in a rash. I know that it can't be the Canidae because he has been off of that for awhile. So, it looks like I will have to find an alternative. I'm disappointed because he did so well on the Canidae and it was the only food that didn't give him the runs. Anybody have any ideas???

4. kathysboxer

kathysboxer Boxer Insane

I know a few people have switched to Natural Balance LID Lamb and Rice. I just got disgusted trying to find food he can eat, and switched to raw. He is doing absolutely wonderful on it. I do want to find a kibble in case we need to have grandma and grandpa doggie sit. I know the Nat. Bal. has a frequent buyer program. And if you get it through Petco, they do also. Both honor the 10 bags bought, one free. All you need to do is email or call Nat. Bal. and they will send you a paper out. Save receipts and send in. Petco has a store buyer card, fill it out and they track your purchases. They will give you the same size free bag that you buy. So if you buy say 15# bags, your free ones will be 15# bags.

5. fracerj

fracerj Boxer Buddy

disappointed

responds for cocoboxer I'm in the process of trying different foods one reason I liked Canidea
    was the all stage formulas the offered becuz I have a 18 mos old and a 6 month old. I found
    Natures Variety (prairie) that is an all stage as well so i'm giving that a try and it has a nice
    rotating system I like as well and buy 10 get 1 free, also with an adult dog only I'd look at Wellness, and California natural.

BLESS U
    Fred

6. kingkane

kingkane Boxer Pal

Upset about the switch

I to have noticed a change in Kane's poop. It's very loose and not to mention the gas.. I've also notice recently that he is sheding like CRAZY. I loved canidae ALS because we also have a 4yr chiweene (Trixie) so ALS was perfect. Also w Trixie we use to have her on authority and the suffered from puppy pattern baldness. She was almost bald on the top of her head. At first i didnt think much of it since some chi's are "bald" but once i got her on canidae ALL her fur came back BUT now it's starting "fall" out again!!! If anyone can recomend a different brand of dog food that is also ALS since Kane is almost 10mo old i would be most greatfull.

7. Barron's mom

Barron's mom Completely Boxer Crazy

I switched over to Fromm. It is owned and operated by a family in Wisconsin, CT. They have multiple interchangeable brands such as Chicken a'la vegetable, whitefish & potatoe, salmon a'la vegetable, pork & applesauce, and duck & sweet potatoe. I could feed chicken one month and whitefish the next month without having to increase and decrease the food by 3/4 cup to 1/4 cup. They have make grainless surf & turf.

8. kathysboxer

kathysboxer Boxer Insane

I know the Nat. Bal. is also an all life stage food. I just bought Tyson some of the lamb and rice. He seems to like it. It's not too expensive either. It has a line that you can switch out. I may also try Wolf Cub later on. I also was looking into the Nature's Variety line. They have the Brightlife which is an all life stage food also.

9. lbottsfo

lbottsfo Boxer Pal

I started Buster on the grain-free ALS formula and he is doing really well on that.

10. apollopete

apollopete Boxer Pal

Taste of the Wild

I was feeding Apollo Canidae ALS Lamb and rice and also had problems with the formula change. I put him on Taste of the Wild and he is doing much better on it as far as his stools go BUT he smells pretty bad and he is shedding like CRAZY! He used to have such a nice shiny coat and now I''m worried he's losing his hair! People have made a ton of suggestions but has anyone had similar issues who have tried TOTW?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.