Bye baby boy :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernboxr

Super Boxer
Wow... I haven't been on BW since my Riker was just a pup.... tearing around, causing havoc and generally being everything a boxer puppy should be!!

Well, two months ago I had to say goodbye to my beautiful young boy and I am still sitting here sobbing. It just doesn't seem to be getting any easier.

It's a long and complicated story... one that makes me cry too much to tell. The condensed version involves 2 ruptured cruciates and intense aggression brought on by the pain and lack of exercise. We worked for months with a behaviourist to get him better, but in the end, we just couldn't do it anymore. There is a lot more to it, but it would take me hours to tell.

Up until the first knee injury, Riker lived in doggy paradise.... the dog park every day, hikes in the woods, he came on all our vacations, had a big yard to play in, grandparents who spoiled him, his best husky friend to live with, too many toys to count, doggy school and tons of doggy friends....

But finally, at the beginning of May we decided to say goodbye. At the time, the decision seemed so straight forward. But now, the bad memories are starting to fade and the good memories are all I have left. I know this is a good thing, but I miss him more and more every day. I still wake up and wonder why he isn't sleeping next to me. I come home from work and expect to find him curled up on my bed. I remember him playing at the dog park with all of his friends...

When is this going to get easier? Anyway... i just needed somewhere to rant. I miss my dog so much. There is a big boxer-shaped hole in my life. Sighhh.... run free little guy.

caruse

Boxer Insane
Vicky...I am so sorry for your pain in losing in your babyangelicon...as you said...all the bad memories have faded and the good memories are left with you and no one can take those away....His life was full and loving because of you!!!
Take care
Barbara

punchinella

Boxer Insane
My heart sank when I saw you had posted in the rainbow bridge. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your baby. Run free at the bridge, sweet Riker. angelicon

(((Hugs)))

Just-A-Clown

Completely Boxer Crazy
Tears fall while I read your post,so hard to lose such a wonderful friend,keep the good times with you always,time makes things a bit easier but the heart always aches for our sweet babies
Thinking of you

Linda/NJ

Boxer Insane
:( I am so sorry to hear the sad news about Riker. I too just lost my boxer end of May, I definately hear what you are saying "when does it get easier"?? There is that empty feeling in our hearts and home, it hurts so much. {{{Big hugs to you}}}

Gruntsmom

Boxer Insane
My heart goes out to you, having lost your Beloved Riker. It doesn't get easier, it gets different. It's adjusting to your life without your baby boy, and it's hard when the bad memories start to fade and you remember that special presence that made your heart and your days joyful. Your Riker is free now, running with the wind, wanting you to always remember the good times, the love and good life you shared. (((hugs)))

GDOGS1

Boxer Insane
So sorry for your loss of Riker,He was just way to young.will keep you in our thoughts and prayers during this most difficult time.run forever free Riker and Godspeed

MoM & DaD of GDOGS 8/18/05 Brindle,Docked,Floppy and full of Zest

Status
Not open for further replies.