yeast in paws

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimboSlice

Boxer Buddy
went to the vet today and she said with all the licking and chewing his paws, there might be yeast growth in between them. He has been battling allergies for quite a bit. Is there anything i can do to kill the yeast. I clean the paws with a antifungal vet prescribed shampoo, but i cant do it everyday, it takes too long. Is there anything i can spray on which will be more easier. I hear that Apple cider vinegar is good, can i spray that on his paws, it will be faster and easier to perform. How bout vinegar water dilute?

karens

Boxer Insane
Unfortunately, if your dog has allergies they are not going to just go away and may get worse. I was kind of surprised to hear you say you don't have time to wash his paws every day.

There are anti-fungal wipes that you can talk to your vet about. Your best bet is to find out what he is allergic to and take the steps to try to avoid it.

My boy has severe seasonal allergies. From July to the first snow fall, he is on an antihistamine, gets medicated foot wipes twice a day, one medicated bath every week and his feet get rinsed off every night. Caring for a dog with allergies is a labor of love and it does take time.

I do hope you can find a treatment plan for him to give him relief.

DENALIGIRL

Boxer Buddy
Holistic vet told me...

Our holistic vet said to keep a sprayer bottle with a 1:1 solution of hydrogen peroxide and water...seemed to help

hugomom1

Super Boxer
Might sound crazy but get a tube of Monistat (or generic) yeast infection cream at the drug store...the same kind women use.

Hugo has allergies so he has always licked and chewed his feet. The first time, the vet gave us topical cream. The ingredients were exactly the same as the stuff I would buy for a yeast infection. The vet had me read off the ingredients list and percentage of medicine in the monistat and he said it was perfectly ok to use that on his feet. These infections seems to happen more at Spring and Winter when it's wet outside.

baxtercruz

Boxer Booster
Just wanted to add- Baxter has allergies and HAD yeast in his paws/nails... The vet gave us wipes ( I think called Malaseb) to wipe in between his toes and up his nails daily- not his favorite, but eventually worked. We try to really control the allergies, I think that really helps too. Another important thing is to keep their paws as dry as possible- we keep little towels around the doors and always wipe his paws when he comes inside. Baxter's yeast is finally gone now!!! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.