When will she stop growing?

garvinsmum

Completely Boxer Crazy
Well Miss Fiona is 9 months now and she doesn't seem to be growing much. They grow like weeds at first but she doesn't seem to be getting any taller or heavier. She is still the same weight as she was over a month ago (21kg/47lb). Is she likely to have a bit of a spurt or will she just be a very petite girl? She was one of the bigger pups in her litter, much bigger than her sisters so I thought she was going to be a bruiser! Petite is good though, makes her easier to pick up. She's also a bit on the skinny side, not enough to be worried about, she's just not very interested in eating her food. Scrambled eggs, peanut butter and treats she is definitely keen on, but her kibble does not excite her. I wish I could take or leave my food, and be a bit on the skinny side, she is clearly taking after her real mother who was actually quite petite rather than her skin mother, who is not...

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
They usually grow in height for a year or so and then they will continue to fill out until 2 years.

rrboxer

Completely Boxer Crazy
That is what I understand as well that once they reach 2 years that will be their adult size and weight. My Autumn is on the slim side and she is a finicky eater. But once she eats she is chowing down!

garvinsmum

Completely Boxer Crazy
Thanks, we are probably just in a plateau then. She's been eating a bit more the last few days so we'll probably have a growth spurt soon.

Cami

Boxer Insane
Halen will be 2 and a half on Christmas Eve. She grew UP in height for the first 2 years. I see her filling out (deeper chest, more adult muscle mass) seemingly daily. She still weighs the same but looks different than a year ago. She seemed to be on stilts last year. Very leggy. Now her body seems to fit the legs. All of my girls have continued to grow - fill out until about the 3 year mark. All looked different but all weighed exactly 60lbs!

garvinsmum

Completely Boxer Crazy
Well she's gained 2kg so she could end up big bruiser. 10.5 months 23kg/51lb. Probably not going to be a petite little thing after all! :ROFLMAO:

rrboxer

Completely Boxer Crazy
I loved that "big bruiser"... she is filling out. Aaw. There might be hope for my Autumn then. She is only 15 months now.