Update on mums death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lola's mum

Boxer Insane
Here is a link to the old thread which is now closed.
http://www.boxerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135036

I thought I would update you further
The solicitors I contacted replied back to say they do not take on cases involving mental health. I am very disappointed as I had told them from the onset it involved mental health.
I finally got all of the notes made during mums hospitalisation and boy were they hard reading, especially the ones from the time she passed away.
I had to apply for the notes from the mental health team (as they hold the medical notes as she was on a mental health ward) and the ones from the medical ward where she passed away.
Reading them was interesting and there are some queries, the investigation report said that as soon as mum complained of back pain they transferred her to a medical ward which was the day before she died. In her notes she actually is complaining of back pain in October. Plus it is there in black and white just how poorly she was.
The investigators rang me on Friday asking to meet with me as they are unhappy that I am unhappy with their findings. They will also bring info on how I go onto stage 2 resolution. Although saying that I have details of another solicitor that takes on mental health cases so now am unsure what to do. Should I go to stage 2 resolution which is independent or straight to solicitor?

djheitz

Boxer Insane
I think, for me, it would depend on whether I just wanted more (better) answers, or if I thought I had enough and was not happy with the answers I had. Most likely, they will have to run a stage 2 investigation even if you now go directly to the solicitor.

I hope each day is getting a little easier for you...

kathysboxer

Boxer Insane
Sorry no advice. Just wanted to say good luck and I'm thinking of you. Hopefully those who did this will be held responsible. I hope you and your family are doing well.

Lola's mum

Boxer Insane
Thank you.
It is hard and every single day I think about her. She lived with us and was like a best friend to me and second mum to my children. My life has changed dramitically without her and I miss her so much and she has been robbed of the rest of hers.

kathysboxer

Boxer Insane
It is so hard to take this sort of thing when your in so much pain. You have been through so much. I hope your taking some time for yourself. I know this sounds so cliche', but she is happy now, not in the depressed state that you remember. She is looking down on you and smiling, and thanking you for all you did for her.
I will continue to keep you in your prayers.

xenaprincess

Boxer Insane
Oh my Tracey...I am so very sorry for your loss! I've been away for some time and today I just read through your previous thread. I wish I could have been here while you were going through the difficulties of your mum's illness, to offer support. You're and "old BW friend" that has offered support to me many times, so my apologies for not being here for you.
I have no advise with regards to the investigation, except to say that you do what your heart tells you. If you feel you need more answers, then you go get them, for your own peace of mind. I agree that it would seem the ward manager acted more on a personal level rather than an impartial professional level. That really irked me when I read what she had said to you about not wanting to talk or even look at your mum!!
My heart goes out to you and your family. You've all traveled a very rocky and emotional journey during your mum's illness. You will decide on your own when it's time to lay it all to rest. Sending prayers to you and yours...God Bless. :)

Lola's mum

Boxer Insane
Sharon thank you for your kind words.

The investiagtors are coming to meet me on Thursday 21st May.I will update you on what they say this time.

Lola's mum

Boxer Insane
They came and we discussed things, Cynthia (ward manager) was the one that was sacked. While they investigating my claims of negligence & cruelty one of the other carers came forward and shed light on other happenings.
They said they have gone as far as they can and have given me details of who to contact now for an independent investigation, they are also going to assist me in getting mums mental health records and the coroners report.

Wish me luck, it's going to be a long haul but I have to do this, my mum died because of negligence, I have her medical records here (paid for copies) and it's quite clear she was poorly and all they did was give anti sickness tablets and pain relief and by the time they sent her to a medical ward to investigate it was too late, she passed away early the next morning.

Last edited:

x19er

Boxer Insane
Tracey it may a long haul but well worth the effort so you can get some peace plus you'll be helping other people get better care in the long run. Your mum deserved better care and attention from these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.