Please Help! The humane Society put my Friends Boxer down!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boost

Boxer Pal
Hey, just wanted to thank everyone for supporting this and for everyones prayers. There is no words I can use to describe the horrible emotions I felt watching these videos. Just to see him so happy like he always was in his final moments. He had always trusted people, and loved even strangers. Just to know how much joy he brought so many people. Me, my family and friends, and there pets. He was one of the sweetest dogs ever. He always just wanted attention. I'm just so heartbroken by all this. It's hard just typing this...He did not deserve this. And neither does any of these other animals that she is puting down wrongly. We are in the discovery stages of the lawsuit right now. We haven't got a court date yet. Either me or tyty will will be keeping everone updated. Thanks again to boxerworld and the great members on this site! Marcus and Boost

RoxiesEcho

Boxer Insane
This whole story just makes me want to throw up and the videos make it so much more real to me and so much more worse to bear. I think of you and Boost often and it scares me to death that this could happen to any one of us and continues to happen to other animals. Please know that you have so many people in your corner and we are all praying that the people responsible are held accountable for their actions.

kathysboxer

Boxer Insane
I just watched the videos. I'm sitting here, tears in my eyes, lump in my throat. How is the elderly couple? I am hoping they aren't blaming themselves for any of this. They were just doing what they thought was right, as we all know. I continue to think of you Marcus and Boost.
I wanted to also say it is because of Boost that Tyson got his tattoo. We had been putting it off, but after reading this tragedy, we did it. Please know this hasn't happened in vain. I know without a doubt Boost's story is helping many more animals.
Remember you and your family are still in our prayers.

LILYLARUE

Boxer Insane
I, too, have used Boost as a mentor for many dog owners. He often comes up on conversations to complete strangers. I am spreading the word on how important to have identification ON the dog and best of all, a chip or tattoo.

I ran into a woman who had a similar situation at my local shelter. I am truly concerned that this is a NATIONAL PROBLEM! Her dog had bit another dog, who often barked and tormented her staffy through the neighboring fence. The dog got loose while they were out walking their staffy and the little dog came over and attacked her staffy. Well, needless to say, one bite from the staffy and the little dog went yipping home. Three days later, the cops showed up to quarentine the staffy to have her checked cause there was a puncture wound on the little mutt. Well, her staffy went to the Humane League for quarentine and they mistook the paperwork and put the dog down right away. The owner's didn't know until three more days later when they went in to visit their dog and found out it was killed upon intake.

I certainly hope that this story with Boost gains such uproar that the entire National Organization is revamped due to the inadequacies of the staff, the board and those in charge. This really needs to change! And I am on the warpath to see just how I can help facilitate these necessary changes. I think each and every one of us have heard or know of several similar cases and if pieced together, makes one ugly puzzle!

We no longer have to look at each story as an individual case.......there is obviously a larger picture being ignored.

djheitz

Boxer Insane
I received this message today -

"The Defendants have filed a Motion For A Protected Order and are requesting that we do not share any further information with the media. This case is set for hearing on these issues on Monday, July 20, 2009 at 9:00 AM."

If I see another update after the hearing, I'll share.

djheitz

Boxer Insane
The hearing resulted in the surveillance videos being removed from the website. There was also a story in the local paper on Sunday - http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_action=doc&p_docid=129904D246AFAF68&p_docnum=1

Someone also posted a link to this news report - WVUA Main Player

The update posted was "July 20, 2009--We are removing all surveillance videos that we have received. We are still 100% dedicated to seeing major changes in the Walker County Humane Society and will not stop until we are comfortable that theses changes are in place."

SherylM

Completely Boxer Crazy
I am just reading this now. I am completely shocked and horrified. Please tell me this woman no longer works there. Marcus please accept my deepest sympathy. God speed Boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.