Our new puppy Roxie

hxdrummerxc

Boxer Pal
Thanks a lot everyone :)

I will keep updating on her status for sure. Everyday she gets a little better with the crate training. Slowly starting to get more sleep now :) but we love her.

She's only 8 1/2 weeks old and already almost 13 pounds. (12.75) From reading online, that's bigger than most others have reported at 8 weeks. She was also one of the biggest in her litter when we picked her up. I'm wondering if this means she's gonna be a bigger dog, or if she just got a jump start.

Her mom is average at 68 pounds. But her dad is a Euro and is 110 pounds and when we saw him, he didn't look fat at all. He was a really big bulky boxer, but super nice. So I'm really curious where Roxie's weight will be at as an adult.

hxdrummerxc

Boxer Pal
Well today isn't starting off too well.
Yesterday Roxie had some runny stool. And seemed a little lathargic for a bit. So we called the vet, but then Roxie started acting normal again and running around playing with us and her toys like normal. Very hyper. And she also went poop after that and it was normal and no longer runny. So we told the vet never mind. I just came home from work (I work midnights) and my wife told me Roxie got sick last night and threw up and was shaking. She also feels really hot like she had a fever, and she is acting really really lathargic. Normally she attacks me with joy when I come home, and right now I can't get her to do anything. We really worried but the vet doesn't open for another 2 1/2 hours. She's starting to scare me because she won't do ANYTHING. Ugh :(

hxdrummerxc

Boxer Pal
Well she is doing a lot better now. The vet tested her for parvo and she came back negative. So that was a relief. But we watch her do everything so she couldn't have gotten into anything. The vet said she could have ate something outside that upset her. So she gave us some Medicine that coats her stomach so she feels better and they gave her some water through an IV because she was a little dehydrated. But right now she's back to her normal pkayful/biting self. :)

TysonCheeto

Completely Boxer Crazy
Yay!!!!!!!! So glad to hear it wasn't parvo! I was afraid of that. That's great news! Thanks for the update.

Sabrososki

Boxer Pal
She looks nice and healthy. Mines is 9 weeks. Weighted almost 12 on his 8th week biggest out the litter also with big ol feet!