Oh ****! Not the Christmas tree. (longish)

Status
Not open for further replies.

electric1

Super Boxer
Well, the inevitable had to happen and tonight it did. Even after last Saturday when I defended her honor against having being referred to as a Pit Bull, ABBY just could not resist in doing something that made me want to wring her neck. Earlier this evening some friends of mine and I went out to do some X-mas shopping and eat out afterwards. Not being able to take her along with us, I left her at the house entrusting her to be on her best behavior. Little did I know, my expectations could not have been more wrong. What WAS I thinking? When we returned a few hours later, I stepped through the front door and found that she had had her own agenda planned for the evening, and it probably commenced as soon we got backed up and out of the driveway. It seems that she wasn't all that enthused about my decorating skills of the X-mas tree. Her idea was that it shouldn't be standing, but on its side, spread out all across the living room floor. There was tree garland, artificial tree branches, ornaments, and icicles scattered from here to China. And to beat Dixie, she was standing in middle of it all just wiggling her little butt off. She was so proud of herself. But her joy and elation didn't last very long. I was so ticked off at her that I couldn't see straight and she knew that her redecorating efforts were not at all appreciated, just by the the way that I looked at her. I didn't have to say a word to her, although I was thinking of a choice few. She immediately tucked her nub and headed for the nearest place to hide. You know, I think she'd learn to behave and not act like a two year old child just because she doesn't get to go with Daddy everytime he goes somewhere. Gee whiz!

SargesMommy

Boxer Booster
All I can say is: I soooooooo feel your pain. We decided to not put up a tree this year because I know that Sarge would act like a yahoo and kill it and try to eat it.

caruse

Boxer Insane
Oh, I know you wanted to just wring her neck smashicon , but that whole story is hysterical, partly because of the imagery you used in telling it, thanks for giving us all a smile :LOL: and we have all been through something similar and we all will again...Happy Holidays...Barbara

simmons

Boxer Insane
Oh NO!!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry :( The Christmas Tree didn't have a chance did it????? I can only imagine walking into my home and seeing what you've just greatly described :eek: This is our first year with a Christmas Tree and so far our two boys haven't done any harm to it.

Roscoesmommy

Completely Boxer Crazy
We just put up a small 4 foot tree up on out entertainment center because I knew it would be too tempting for Roscoe, even though he gets crated while we are gone. I knew he wouldnt leave it alone even when we were around, so I decided to not even tempt him with it.

K8IE

Boxer Insane
You paint a very good picture, I can see it all in my mind... :) Can't help but laugh. :)

Lyncca

Boxer Booster
Oh! I would have killed him! This is our first year with a tree with Ty since last year we were doing a lot of renovation work so we didn't bother.

So far, he has been pretty good, but I did put the cheaper ornaments at the bottom. What's funny is that I will all of a sudden hear an ornament rolling on the tile in the front room. He "plucks" them off like apples, leaving the hook and top of the ornament on the tree and then rolls them around very gently with his nose. He only gets the ball ornaments, because, well if its a ball it HAS to be his! And they are all glittery, so it's more than he can resist. What's funny is seeing his nose covered in glitter all the time...

billbgh

Completely Boxer Crazy
Well, you know that Abby is supersmart and a girl .. OF course she had a better way to put the tree:) Next year, you may want to consult her first.lol

Erin
Apollo & Rocky's mom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.