Nails found in a bag of Merrick brand dog food

Status
Not open for further replies.

LILYLARUE

Boxer Insane
Thanks for sharing! Doubtful that this is an isolated incident based on the closed machinery and manufacturing process that dumps specific amounts into bags. Isolated = disgruntled employee ( if isolated to that one bag is even possible!)

Roge

Boxer Insane
Thanks for sharing! Doubtful that this is an isolated incident based on the closed machinery and manufacturing process that dumps specific amounts into bags. Isolated = disgruntled employee ( if isolated to that one bag is even possible!)

I was thinking it was a disgruntled employee also, how else could so may loose nails happen to be in the one place at the same time.

CoraBoxer

Super Boxer
How would you not notice that in your dogs food. I must measure, place in bowl and place bowl down in some freakish way I guess lol. Surely there must have been more than 1 bag with the nails. 1 bag is some sort of isolated record.

sriley

Completely Boxer Crazy
How would you not notice that in your dogs food. I must measure, place in bowl and place bowl down in some freakish way I guess lol.

I'm with you, CoraBoxer. I don't inspect my dogs' food per se, but I'd for sure notice anything foreign in their kibble. I'm sure it's an isolated incident, but better safe than sorry. You just never know.

daisyandduke

Boxer Booster
How would you not notice that in your dogs food. I must measure, place in bowl and place bowl down in some freakish way I guess lol. Surely there must have been more than 1 bag with the nails. 1 bag is some sort of isolated record.

Yes I agree, not sure how you would not notice this in the kibble or even hear the metal clinking in the food bowl. I mix my food with wet food so, I would for sure notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.