1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mouse/Mice

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by boxersrbest, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bayleighmom

bayleighmom Boxer Insane

I think you jinxed me!! I am at work, in the office by myself this afternoon. I had my shoes kicked off and went to walk to my boss's office and there on the floor was a MOUSE! Luckily, it was turned away from me. I grabbed the lid off the trashcan and quietly snuck up behind it and tossed the lid over the mouse. If the mouse would have ran, I would have wet my pants. I then slipped my shoes back on and escaped to the store next door. About 5 minutes later, a coworker showed up and he scooted the lid out the front door so the mouse could escape.

I told my boss we are getting an office cat to protect me from the rodents!

2. Slobberchops

Slobberchops Boxer Insane

This jinx must be universal,I'd only just finished the dishes last night after dinner,and I only had enought time to stand on a chair,trying not to scream:eek:while Waldo tried his best to catch this little mouse running across the kitchen floor,it escaped into the narrow gap between the oven,and the cupboards.
    Mouse 1
    Waldo 0
    There'll be bait on the shopping list tonight after work for sure!!!

3. boxersrbest

boxersrbest Boxer Booster

Sorry i jinxed everyone. If only it was my mouse visiting you :) . Mine ate the peanut butter off not one but two traps without setting them off. However, he did eat some poison. Not sure how much is needed, let's hope it was enough. I'd say this round was a draw.

4. tugger

tugger Super Boxer

Just be glad you have only a mouse in your house. We moved into our house in the country 2 yrs ago. We had a home inspector tell us that there was some sort of vermin activity in a crawl space. We asked this be remedied. At the closing we were assured that the vermin had been elimated. WELL...2 months later hubby and I went on vacation to Florida and when we returned I was putting away our bags I found some chewed up papers in my broom closet. I told hubby I think we have a mouse...I didnt think a thing of it until a couple nights later, as hubby and I were laying in bed, we heard a rattling, scratching sound coming from the broom closet. After listening to me whine a bit, hubby got out of bed to investigate. He opened the folding doors and said HELLO MR RAT! I about died of a heart attack! I said you are lying! He said No kidding he went down that dryer vent, that we thought was sealed! Well, I got out of bed and drug a huge crock in from the garage and placed it over the vent. That rat was not coming back into the house. What we think happened was that the rat came up into the broom closet and if the doors were open, he would eat from Tugs bowl and if not? He we would retreat. I called the exterminator the next morning and said YOU need to get here TODAY! 95 dollars later I was assured that Willard the rat had been taken care of....I called the previous owners and regaled the story. They promptly sent a check to us and wrote a note saying that they thought the vermin was gone as they didnt hear it anymore. OMG! The exterminator assured me that it was a lone rat as he found no evidence of him ever leaving the crawl space and was coming in thru the vent...which vents into the crawl space also.
    So, I feel your pain!

5. boxersrbest

boxersrbest Boxer Booster

Oh my God, I could not handle a rat. I was away for the last 2 weeks. Came back to all the traps being sprung but no mouse. However, more droppings and more poison eaten. I cleaned it all up tonight and have started over. I am hoping that he died while I was away. I guess I'll know in the next few days :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.