I hope everyone is holding up well under the craziness

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
I hope everyone is holding up and staying well with craziness of this pandemic. Poor Skully doesn't understand why when I need to run out for something he can't go. He is used to going on about half our errands and now he doesn't get to go at all.

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
Keep safe everyone! I still have to go to work and I hate it. It is so stressful. I should be happy that I have a job. :)

gulfcoastguy

Super Boxer
Waldo is loving all of the extra time that I spend with him. He doesn't understand why people can't come up and pet him while we are walking though.

joeys mom

Boxer Insane
I have to work - I am in the wholesale food supply business so it has been CRAZY, I go to work and go straight home. I feel for my bf, he has a dirt work/construction business and hasn't worked in weeks due to the rain, and is home alone all day since we lost Chance :(

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
It sounds like you need another dog! Maybe you could foster. The human society is really trying to find fosters as there aren't the people to look after the dogs and cats.

joeys mom

Boxer Insane
It sounds like you need another dog! Maybe you could foster. The human society is really trying to find fosters as there aren't the people to look after the dogs and cats.
I would love too ... I am afraid I would fail as a foster loveicon I would never be able to let a baby go...BUT unfortunately we made the decision to wait a bit until we get another - we are looking for a house to buy ( I am not sure now with all that is going on with the virus) or build if we cant find anything and need to be settled before we do one or the other :( it is so hard though!

bxrbgood

Boxer Insane
I hope everyone is holding up and staying well with craziness of this pandemic. Poor Skully doesn't understand why when I need to run out for something he can't go. He is used to going on about half our errands and now he doesn't get to go at all.
Why can't the puppy go?

Cami

Boxer Insane
I own a pet sitting business and customers are not traveling, a lot working from home and others with kids out of school can watch their pets. I haven't worked in 2 weeks. Luckily hubby is considered an essential worker (mechanic) and we own the business so neither of us could collect unemployment since both self employed. I'm grateful for his income! Currently he has enough cars in the shop to continue working for about 6 months but the parts which come from Italy are starting to arrive slower and slower or not at all! Halen's agility classes stopped nearly 3 weeks ago....she is going bonkers and taking me with her. She still goes with me to the bank and any other errand she did previously so that is helpful and we walk daily. The yard is a complete mud pit so I try to limit her time in it but she still ends up in the bathtub daily since she just can't stay out of the standing water muck!

Linda/NJ

Boxer Insane
Hello all! We are doing okay.Trying to stay healthy. I find the hardest thing is wearing a mask out to shop. I just can't get used to it, so I limit how many times I go out a month. Its bad here in New Jersey. Up to 70,000 cases. I love closer to Philly not in the hot spot near New York. My hubby is essential worker so he is busy, thankfully but I worry still. I am retired, I am a crafter but no events to sell at. I do sell online, but that is slow. I am very sad and depressed. I miss having a dog. Lily is gone 6 months now. I don't feel it is a good time to rescue or adopt at this time due to the circumstances of the virus. I would like to once it is safe to do so. Things are different, you can't even to the vet office like we did before. I wish she was here because she was so comforting to me. I know we can foster, but I just don't want to do that. Not sure hubby is ready yet as well. I was doing better mentally then a close Aunt passed in January, she lived a long life at 90. Then this virus hit and I feel so down in the dumps. Ugghh. ... I think the only thing that will get me out of this is getting a dog. I sure hope it is some time this year. One good thing, we managed to squeeze in a vacation early March before all hell broke loose. We visited Clearwater Florida for spring training, took in the games and did some sightseeing. We had a fabulous time! Glad we did because who knows when we can do that again.
Take care, stay safe and well!