1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hope everyone is holding up well under the craziness

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Gatorblu, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

I hope everyone is holding up and staying well with craziness of this pandemic. Poor Skully doesn't understand why when I need to run out for something he can't go. He is used to going on about half our errands and now he doesn't get to go at all.

2. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

Keep safe everyone! I still have to go to work and I hate it. It is so stressful. I should be happy that I have a job. :)

3. gulfcoastguy

gulfcoastguy Super Boxer

Waldo is loving all of the extra time that I spend with him. He doesn't understand why people can't come up and pet him while we are walking though.

4. joeys mom

joeys mom Boxer Insane

I have to work - I am in the wholesale food supply business so it has been CRAZY, I go to work and go straight home. I feel for my bf, he has a dirt work/construction business and hasn't worked in weeks due to the rain, and is home alone all day since we lost Chance :(

5. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

It sounds like you need another dog! Maybe you could foster. The human society is really trying to find fosters as there aren't the people to look after the dogs and cats.

6. joeys mom

joeys mom Boxer Insane

I would love too ... I am afraid I would fail as a foster loveicon I would never be able to let a baby go...BUT unfortunately we made the decision to wait a bit until we get another - we are looking for a house to buy ( I am not sure now with all that is going on with the virus) or build if we cant find anything and need to be settled before we do one or the other :( it is so hard though!

7. bxrbgood

bxrbgood Boxer Insane

Why can't the puppy go?

8. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

I own a pet sitting business and customers are not traveling, a lot working from home and others with kids out of school can watch their pets. I haven't worked in 2 weeks. Luckily hubby is considered an essential worker (mechanic) and we own the business so neither of us could collect unemployment since both self employed. I'm grateful for his income! Currently he has enough cars in the shop to continue working for about 6 months but the parts which come from Italy are starting to arrive slower and slower or not at all! Halen's agility classes stopped nearly 3 weeks ago....she is going bonkers and taking me with her. She still goes with me to the bank and any other errand she did previously so that is helpful and we walk daily. The yard is a complete mud pit so I try to limit her time in it but she still ends up in the bathtub daily since she just can't stay out of the standing water muck!

9. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

He doesn't understand social distancing. He likes to get lots of love from strangers. If they don't pay attention to him as he approaches, he will go up to them and demand attention. It is shameful. lol It is something I love about him, but for now we will avoid that situation.

gulfcoastguy and joeys mom like this.