I had to let Violet go

violetashlee

Super Boxer
It's a punch in the gut when a friend loses a dog, but it's absolutely breathtaking when it is your dog. I had to let Violet go yesterday. She was sick. Not sure exactly what was wrong. She was 15, had valley fever and generally very weak and frail; her feet felt like ice cubes for the last couple of days, and had a hard time standing - I tried to help her up, but she collapsed in my arms just to be splayed on the floor where she started.

I didn't want to drag her to the vet to have her poked and prodded when I knew that whatever it was was probably not fixable. I had to make the most gut wrenching decision that I know you all understand. Her vet came to the house and helped her pass peacefully.

It is a relief to know she is no longer suffering, but I miss her terribly already.

joeys mom

Boxer Insane
I am so sorry .... you made the right choice and you described it so accurately .... but you did what was best for her. Hugs to you, I will be saying a prayer for you 🫂

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I could have sworn that I replied to this thread already, but it's not here!
I am so sorry for your loss. Violet had a great life. 15 is a really great age for a boxer.. Violet is now running free at the Rainbow Bridge!
Godspeed Violet! angeliconangeliconangelicon

Cami

Boxer Insane
So very sorry. From one broken hear to another I wish you peace. No matter how long they are in our lives it is never enough.

rrboxer

Completely Boxer Crazy
It is so heartbreaking and so hard to let them go and do the right thing. I am very sorry for your loss. A friend texted the following to me when I lost Lacy in 2020.
Title: Waiting at the Door

I was just a pup when we first met, I loved you from the start, you picked me up and took me home and placed me in your heart. Good times we had together, we shared all life could throw, but years passed all too quickly, my time has come to go. I know how much you miss me, I know your heart is sore, I see the tears that fall when I'm not Waiting at the Door. You always did your best for me your love was plain to see, for even though it broke your heart you set my spirit free. So please be brave without me, one day we'll meet once more, for when you're called to Heaven. I'll be waiting at the door. angelicon