1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Zenzi came to us

Discussion in 'Stories' started by RoxysMamma, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoxysMamma

RoxysMamma Boxer Buddy

We live in Austin Texas, and we found Zenzi (who was formerly called Roxy) our boxer, a year ago on San Antonio's CraigsList, from a very nice woman who was a mail carrier and while passing by an air force base saw this scared to death sweet soul laying on the ground refusing to move. The woman picked her up and rushed her home, she could not keep her though and posted her for free on CraigsList where I saw her and fell in love. She was estimated to be 1.5 years old, she was very emaciated and with major hairloss all over but mostly on her back and rump area. She also had a really bad skin infection and was covered from head to toe with open bloody sores covering her entire body, she was so itchy and everytime she would scratch herself her skin would start bleeding. She also had green discharge coming out of her eyes and nose, her ears were swollen and puffy and very infected, you could smell them everytime she came close and the insides of her ears had bright red streaks throughout them. She had also appeared to have had puppies recently. and that was just all of the physical issues she had. She was litterally TERRIFIED of everything. She was scared of people, of cars, of any loud noise, of sudden movements, she didn't know what a leash or collar was, she was afraid to walk on grass, she wouldn't go near the grass, and it appeared as though she had never been on grass before, that is probably why she was dumped on an empty air force base in a cement circle surrounded by grass, so that she could not follow them. She was scared to eat out of her dog food bowls, she preffered for me to just poor it on the ground, and she would only come out to eat after everyone was asleep in the house. She jumped and ran away from the sound of a car driving by, or people laughing, when the dog food was poured into her bowl, the microwave, every common noise, she would run under the table and stay there til we all went to sleep.
    I used holistic care to get her healthy, we found out she has allergies to fleas which noone had treated and it got so bad she got a skin infection which lead to her other problems, also she had not had a proper diet for a long time, so we got her on some vet prescribed food for pregnant mother dogs to help her gain weight and get some hair back. I also use Fish Oil pills and Apple Cider Vinegar in her water everyday, she had to have special baths and ear and eye cleanings. I worked to gain her trust with treats, and slow movments and a soft voice. A year later you would never know that this is the same dog, she has a full shiney coat, she weighs 50 pounds and is not afraid anymore. She loves walks, car rides, she loves going to Petsmart and the the parks, she is the most loving, well behaved dog, she loves my children (well they are her children now) lol and she is just full of life, you can see it in her eyes how good she feels now. Im trying to get some more recent pictures posted on here but Im having trouble resizing them. When i first joined this board I had posted a little about her, but just saw this forum and wanted to share her full story.

Thanks for reading!

2. crowpete

crowpete Boxer Insane

Bless your heart!!! I am so happy to hear that she now has a wonderful forever home :) Hugs and wiggles to the both of you.

3. Gruntsmom

Gruntsmom Boxer Insane

I remember your posting about Zenzi before - I thought you were an angel then, and I'll say it again....you're an angel! :) Thank you for saving her and giving her the life she so deserves. She's a pretty girl in your gallery, I bet she's gorgeous now!

4. Cyrus2005

Cyrus2005 Boxer Insane

I am so glad Zenzi found her way to you!! It sounds as if she has blossomed under your care. :) Thanks for sharing her story with us.

5. RoxysMamma

RoxysMamma Boxer Buddy

Thanks :) I am having trouble resizing my new pictures of her, I will figure it out soon though and post them. :)

6. auntthelm

auntthelm Boxer Insane

What a wonderful story. How lucky for Zenzi that she found love and her forever home. Zenzi will forever repay you for the joy you have brought to her life. Thank you for saving Zenzi.

7. SweetCody

SweetCody Boxer Insane

What a beautiful story, (((tears))). You are such a special person, I am so glad she found you.

8. atlasmom911

atlasmom911 Boxer Insane

))))Tears(((( That was a wonderful story. Please give your baby girl a big kiss for me...Linda

9. WAT

WAT Boxer Insane

I am so happy you and Zenzi have found each other, it is always nice to hear stories with joyful endings. God bless you both!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.