Donovan, forever in my heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinydragon

Boxer Pal
On 4-4-2013 I had to euthanize my best friend. Donovan had developed cancer and was suffering. Twelve years of closer than close was coming to an end. I sat beside him as the vet administered first the anesthetic then the "kill" dose.
Donovan had checked out the room and come and lain down on the blanket they had spread for him. He lay there just right for the vet to reach the catheter they had placed for the shots. Donovan died like he lived, with quiet dignity.
The techs came and carried him away. I knew i'd never see my best friend again. He was to be cremated and his remains returned to me. I also knew that I would not rest until I had t him at home with me again. It was a long two weeks waiting for his remains. The box was heavy, but the remains so small for as big a dog as he was. I looked at them once. That was enough. I know that what remains of him is home with me and that his spirit has gone on. I believe that I will see Donovan again. When my time comes he will be there waiting for me.

DebbieJen

Completely Boxer Crazy
I too am sorry for your loss. Sending hugs and prayers to you. I am sure Donovon knew how much you loved him as he passed onto the bridge.

Run Forever Free and Godspeed Donovan!

gqneon

Boxer Buddy
It's always heartbreaking to read of people who have been separated from their Boxers - in all ways they are our kindred spirits. I hope the pain eases quickly - and yes - you will meet again one day!

Roge

Boxer Insane
How sad..I am very soory for your loss.. Donovan will live on in your heart until you meet again.
Godspeed sweet Boy..

GDOGS1

Boxer Insane
So sorry for your loss Donovan,Will keep you in our thoughts and prayers during this most difficult time.run forever free Donovan and Godspeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.