Does your boxer stand over your feet/legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MypupShooter

Boxer Booster
Another wonderful boxer trait :) Both Shooter and Stella was/is big a leaner. As for standing on my feet, they differ.

Shooter always had to have one of her feet on mine, if we were both standing up. I often had 1 shoe with a boxer mud paw print on it :)

Stella loves to sit on your feet. If I am standing up, that’s where she’ll sit. When she was a puppy, she would even sleep on your feet.

BaileysEcho

Boxer Pal
magnet theory

Bella is always leaning against us. It's almost like she is magnetized or something, lol. In the car and truck she likes to stand on the console and lean against my shoulder.

Yep... i believe the magnet theory. Bailey couldn't stay away from me... or anyone that would let him lean on them or plunk his head on them... Sue couldn't stand this! Now, as our Bella is growing, she is showing more and more of the same behaviors that Bail had... amazing! Boxers are so people oriented... they just can't help themselves... gotta be on top of their people!

calimomma

Super Boxer
Stander, not a leaner.

Abbi will stand over our feet if we have them hanging off the couch. I thought she was the only weirdo!! We thought it was because she was demanding a belly rub, to which my husband will oblige. But maybe it's just a boxer thing?!?!

electric1

Super Boxer
Abbi will stand over our feet if we have them hanging off the couch. I thought she was the only weirdo!! We thought it was because she was demanding a belly rub, to which my husband will oblige. But maybe it's just a boxer thing?!?!

ABBY does the same exact thing. And what's worse, if I have my arm strecthed out, she will walk up and just stand there and start giving me these big sighs until I've scratched or rubbed either her belly or legs.

Last edited:

catcrazy56

Boxer Insane
My Foreman does this 2 but my other 2 don't Cooper always sleep and lies on top of you and Ruby is a arm nudger she gets her head under your arm and flips it up

aurora

Boxer Pal
haha!

mine does that allll the time! tooo funny. i was so confused, i thought maybe she picked the habit up from my cats who do the exact same thing. she's funny. acts cat-like in a lot of ways.

oh and she does the leaning thing too lol!

srsniffsalot

Boxer Buddy
Bella is always leaning against us. It's almost like she is magnetized or something, lol. In the car and truck she likes to stand on the console and lean against my shoulder.

I am so glad to hear that someone else has experienced this. Me and DH thought we had a dog with a screw loose. Our Maya does the same thing, except she puts her paw over your shoulder like she is supposed to be co-piloting. It is the funniest thing to see!!!

Ours also does the standing over your leg thing. Sometimes if I am sitting in the floor with my legs stretched out in front of me she will stand over my legs and then eventually try to sit on top of me, but she can't figure out how to do it b/c she will not fit.

granny

Boxer Pal
Our Cinda has always done that and we found out she's waiting for a tummy rub with our feet. It could possibly be an ownership/ dominance thing as well but hasn't gone any further. She also sits down in front of you and backs in for a cuddle, and even at 11 yrs she loves to be a lap dog and goes to sleep on my knees which causes my knees to go to sleep too!

Independence

Boxer Insane
Indy likes to wake me up then stand over my chest looking at me like "mommy get up". He has me pinned down and refuses to move. Silly boy. He is also a total leaner.

HeatherLynnG

Super Boxer
Both of mine do it. Our boxers are just sooo loving, they always want to be near us. Whether we're in the office, bedroom, bathroom - they are there...even though they could be doing something much more entertaining.

Oh and Zeus will lean on my legs but Titan does the stand over the crossed let thing. Sometimes she then tries to play with my foot...especially if I'm wearing socks...and that just tickles like mad. :LOL:

- Heather & the kids

Status
Not open for further replies.