1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BYB..But, I have a good Idea..WDYT? (long)

Discussion in 'Choosing A Breeder' started by JesseJanesMa, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoxiesEcho

RoxiesEcho Boxer Insane

You have very good intentions and should be commended for at least trying to help the situation. But sometimes there is just no accounting for the lack of common sense. Who knows, maybe someone you have spoken to about the situation has listened and it could pay off in the future of other puppies. Best of luck to you and don't let it stress you out. There is only so much we can do sometimes.

2. Madison's Mom

Madison's Mom Completely Boxer Crazy

You have provided excellent information to these people! You should feel very proud of yourself for doing so. However, this is out of your hands. Maybe the people in the church will pray that these puppies are never discarded!

3. GreenOpal

GreenOpal Boxer Booster

Hmm...

Excellent job on your part. I think your suggestions are excellent and from a good, not a selfish place.

So, what do these people feed their dogs? I suppose that because they're believers in the "natural way" they feed their dogs raw meat, right? 'Cause that's what they'd eat in the wild... And, they don't vaccinate, because there are no vets in the wild... I could go on an on about how their logic makes no sense, but I have a feeling I'd be wasting my breath.

See, the thing that really irks me, is that these girls are probably experiencing some celebrity. A donation taken at church to pay for the puppies that will be coming to THEM. And then THEY get to adopt out the puppies and who doesn't want a puppy? THEY'LL be quite popular around church.

The more I think about this the more irritated I get. OK, enough from me. Good job to you and best of luck (and they'll need it) to them.

4. kassa

kassa Boxer Insane

Guess all the poor and hungry are taken care of in their community, huh?

5. billbgh

billbgh Completely Boxer Crazy

I have typed about 4 things and had to erase it for fear of reprimand. Anyhow, you should be commended for an extremely well thought out plan, and for the biggest issue, these greedy little girls! People(the naturalistic parents) obviously have their priorities out of wack! What kind of message are they sending their children, by (I quite agree) making celebrities out of them for their cruelty to this dog? I hope that at some point in their lives, they realize how wrong this was. Even if you are a controll freak, I still like you!

Erin
    Apollo & Rocky's mom

6. Cleo's Mom

Cleo's Mom Super Boxer

I agree that your suggestions were excellent. Like you I'm very concerned about those puppies. I love my babies and there is no other breed like them but there are a lot of misconceptions about them because of their apperance"Great outside watch dog"> WRONG! WE also know that without proper training Boxers can get themselves in to a lot of trouble. My dogs are well behaved and I still lost a sofa Ha Ha. They are so cute as puppies(mine still are cute) but they grow up quickly and if not trained can be very unruly. It is not so cute when a 70 pound dog jumps on you to say hello. That is when boxers get taking to shelters. I hope that the family educates the church family on how to have boxers.

7. JesseJanesMa

JesseJanesMa Boxer Buddy

Sorry for no Updates... LIFE...sigh

I visited Momma Shelby... looking good and fat.. I brought a Bag of Canidae Puppy, because I called a breeder friend of mine and she said that pregnant dams should eat puppy food? Anyhow, they told me thanks but no thanks, she was on science diet puppy... (oh well.. the shelter seemed happy to have it) I gave her a few quick pets, and they sent me on my intrusive way.

The "girls" are down to "girl" because they are now fighting because, Dino's girl is not happy about the puppies not being for sale, and I guess the parents of Dino said half the puppies should be thiers, and the tails must be docked.. and it is a mess, beyond me.

My involvement is completely out of it. I refuse to even try. I did my best, I cried to many times. They infomed me, the Guardianship now was going to thier pastor/minister. (but hey, that could end up a fight now as well too)

My future prediction is, Dino's owners will have a few of the puppies which they will SELL with out papers, since Shelby's Owners are refusing to Paper the pups. The other Puppies will be given to church members, but since there will be less puppies then thought, there will be people upset. (x-ray shows 7 puppies, and Vet estimating a possibility of 8, from what I am told)

Shelb's Girl is Excited to play with the puppies, and that is all she talks about. Not the whelping, or the possibility or non-milk production, hand feeding, or a pup's possibility of dying, Nothing of worming, or sickness, vaccinations.. Just playing with the puppies...

Oh and school starts next week... who is going to be with Shelby during the day?

I can't believe I am getting upset all over again...

I just have to say, you all are GREAT!!! GREAT!!! GREAT!!! I don't feel so alone thinking that some people have no brains! lol. Or at least they do not use them to maximum capacity.

I must say you all do! YOUR DOGS AND PUPPIES ARE LUCKY TO HAVE YOU AS "PARENTS".

THANK YOU!

8. kpowell

kpowell Boxer Insane

I understand how you feel! But you can only do so as much as you are able to do, and you have done that! I say--well done.

9. MomiPiper

MomiPiper Boxer Pal

I don't think you're selfish. It makes you giddy because you care about all the poor babies in the shelters and rescues who deserve homes and don't have them. Caring for other living creatures with your whole heart, so much you're willing to taker your money, your time, and your emotions, and put them towards getting these puppies good homes sounds more like the opposite of to me. I too wish I could have a shelter, but I probably couldn't handlge it emotionally. If I go to a shelter I usually end up spending the next few days in bed, crying and holding my puppies a wee bit too tight because I'm happy I saved them. I do want/dream of a rescue/sanctuary, and to adopt I even plan on running background checks... but that is a VERY distant dream that I hope comes true. I'm sad to hear the parents won't go along with your first idea. I'll leave my opinions on their "beliefs" to myself, and my opinions on the 2 girls to myself. I never EVER would've dreamnt of doing such a thing, not as a child, and especially not as a supposedly more responsible teenager. I hope the people who get/adopt the puppies are more responsible owners than your neighbors. Yes the fence was a nice idea, but obviously not a good solution.

10. BoxerMom999

BoxerMom999 Boxer Insane

What a mess! Totally unbelievable behaviour by children and adults. Don't beat yourself up - you tryed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.