Boxer Traits

Risa

Boxer Booster
Throwing his toys

I have posted to this thread before, but we have a new one now that Sam is 16 months. It seems that when one of us won't play w/him he now throws his toys himself. He has a stuffed dog that has long legs that flop around--he shakes it side to sike like one of the earlier posters said like a shark would, then he lets go so it flys across the room. He runs to get it to do it again. It's the funniest thing you've ever seen!!!!!!! :D

pegstack

Boxer Pal
I AM NEW TO THE SITE. I HAVE TWO BOXERS THAT I THINK THE MOST WONDERFUL TRAIT THAT I HAVE FOUND IS WHAT I CALL THE "PLEASE LOOK". WHEN THEY STICK THEIR BOTTOM TEETH OUT.

TIA - WHITE, FLOPPY,DOCKED, FEMALE (PREGNANT)

TITUS - FLASHY FAWN,FLOPPY,DOCKED MALE.

THANK YOU.

Jaime&Louie

Super Boxer
gotta love them...

How funny! I just thought my Louie was wierd or something.

His thing is when we're in the car, he likes the a/c, so he puts his paws on the arm rest in between the seats, and then leans on me. With his face smashed up against my face. It makes it hard to turn right.

When I come home I call him "wiggles" and "bendy". He's such a lover...

Do your boxers belch? Louie does...

charles12345678

Boxer Pal
Cruiser's traits

Our Cruiser (6 months), like Cooper, lies on his back oblivious to the world. Laid back ain't the word for this guy.

He CAN swim! I sent in a poem about his first swim, which was a disaster, but he followed our German Shepherd into the water recently, and swam right along with her. Now he loves it!

Drinks from the water hose when possible, and LOVES to be sprayed with the hose. He'll sit still all day for that, or run around the yard in a heavy rain, happy as he can be!

I have a question: What is meant by "Kidney Bean?"

Charles

mike zman

Boxer Pal
How bout anybody mention the "Big Freeze"? Sometimes when Taz is playing with us or just walking by he will just STOP and look at you like I dare you to make a move....What a trip!

bridget's mum

Boxer Pal
Haven't been on here for ages and it's so good to see that this topic is still so interesting.
Our Bridget is now almost 12 months old and as she has grown so have her typical traits, such as putting her paw on my arm while I am driving the car, and sitting up in the front seat like the captain, and looking forward, taking in everything as if her utmost concentration is essential to safe travel! She makes other passers by laugh at her cos she looks so important! Also when she is playing with her squeaky toys, she buries them under a beanbag, and then using both front legs together she pulls it around the room, squeaking the toy all the time. She makes us laugh, constantly, in fact, the best thing about a Boxer is that they make everyone smile so often, she keeps the laughter in our lives. Love the "toothy smile", especially when she wants to be noticed, gets us every time!!

boxermom5

Super Boxer
For Charles - Kidney beaning is that thing that they all do, where they bend themselves completely in half so that their face and tush are in a race to see which will reach you first! Usually accompanied by a fast wiggling nubbin (tail).:LOL:

Jen - mom to Tess and Tenaia

penny&seth

Boxer Pal
I have two boxers Seth and Penny. Seth is 1.5 years old and he is deaf. Penny is 4 years old and we rescued her 6 mos ago.
My dogs like to wiggle their bums when they're excited(kidney beaning.)
Seth follows me around everywhere (even the bathroom!). Seth runs madly around the yard for no apparent reason. He's also a smoke Nazi (he barks at any smoke he sees and tries to bite it.):p He needs to be the center of attention no matter what you're doing he'll get in the way (especially when Penny is involved) and he bugs Penny all the time trying to get her to play by nipping at her neck when she's trying to relax. evilicon Seth also chases bugs. Seth is trying to learn how to swim but is still hesitant.

Penny is the gassy one! Sometimes you can even hear her fart. She's changed a lot since we've got her, much more loving and "babyish" as she's become a 72 pound lap dog because of Seth (our 55 pound lap dog). Penny is a clumsy swimmer who dives at the sticks (with her arms tucked in) we throw into the water because her nose is to short and she bats the stick away before she can grab it.

They don't really lie on their backs, usually on their sides but are welcome to if if you pick them up that way.

I love my babies and all their traits. Eventhough they're both boxers they are so different.lovicon

Jazzy124

Boxer Pal
We have only had our baby for 3 weeks now, her name is Jazz, female fawn.
So far she has shown us the laying on her back, swatting at you with her paw (boxing) and the running like mad for no reason.
She is wonderful, and we love her to death.
;)

Debc

Boxer Pal
In our yard we have a walk out basement, with hills on each side, our two year old female, runs like crazy, gaining speed, and then jumps from one side to the next without hitting the dip. Oh and when the snow is shoveled she stands on top of the mounds of snow, like she's the queen. Our neighbors are always telling us, what a joy she is to watch.