Average Cost VA/NC

Shane72

Boxer Booster
I know this has been asked before but I can't find a recent thread. I want to support a responsible breeding program and in the deal hopefully get a healthy, good tempered dog. I just lost my 10 year old Boxer and haven't priced them lately. The prices I'm finding in VA and NC seem high but maybe that's just the case now. I actually have a line on a champion sired pup and they are asking $2500. I know there are numerous factors that determine the value of anything, puppies included so I'm not suggesting this is too much for these pups. I just want to get an idea of what people are paying from reputable breeders, in 2016, especially if you have any recent experience in VA/NC. Also if anyone would like to PM me with breeder recommendations, I would greatly appreciate that as well. Thanks!

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
$2500 does seem like a lot, but I have no idea what the prices are like in your area. Have you considered a rescue? You would be giving a home to a boxer that desperately needs one and it would be a lot cheaper. :) Just a thought.

Shane72

Boxer Booster
Hi Jan, and thanks for the reply and also the great suggestion. I haven't really decided which way I want to go yet but a rescue is definitely on the table too. I'm leaning toward a puppy because I really like the idea of going through the puppy experience again (crazy, I know ;-))... Of course there are advantages to getting a pup that's a little older too so I'm still just feeling out my options. I do like the idea of rescuing a pup in need and have actually spoken with a few rescue/fosters as well.

rena

Boxer Booster
Just another rescue plug....my boys have been rescues. Mick was around 6 months and Copper was 1 year when I got them. The experience has been beyond positive. Both came fully potty trained, having basic manners and absolutely overflowing with love. When I got Mick, our Roxy was about 11 years old - I wasn't sure either one of us would be able to handle a puppy. My good friend got a puppy about the same time I got Mick - must say the babies are adorable, but I didn't miss all the trials of having a puppy. The down side is you don't know their pedigree or parents health history, but don't think knowing that gives you any guarantees. The price of rescuing is nominal compared to what you get - usually all shots, neutered/spayed, microchipped, etc.....and the experience of being able to support the rescues is a rewarding endeavor. Good Luck -- you can't go wrong either way with your new family member.

LoveMyDoggie

Boxer Insane
$2500 does seem like a lot, but I have no idea what the prices are like in your area. Have you considered a rescue? You would be giving a home to a boxer that desperately needs one and it would be a lot cheaper. :) Just a thought.
I rescued Daisy at 8 months and she was skin and bones. Over 2 years later she is a happy healthy Boxer girl. We all love her so much.partyicon