1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know what's going on with Orijen?

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by karens, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmjp

dmjp Boxer Pal

Thanks for your comment. I understand and share your concern.

According to the information we received, the shortage was due to a combination of factors, none of which had to do with the quality of product.

Champion had a scheduled shutdown for maintenance and upgrades, which is a regular function of any plant. It took longer than expected to get back into production as a result of flu affecting some of their staff.

Just what I learned...

2. johann

johann Boxer Insane

My local store has just gotten another shipment of Orijen in. It had been quite a while, poor Johann had to eat a bag of Acana instead of his 6 fish. :LOL:

3. karens

karens Boxer Insane

Thanks dmjp. I just stopped in my shop on Thursday and the shop owner told me that she was told they had to do some work on their extruder. I'm not buying it and neither was she. Any decent company would have communicated that a long while ago. It's the not saying anything that has me concerned. I'm almost out of my stash that I stocked up on, so I guess it's time to figure something out.

At least it snowed here in the windy city so allergy season is officially OVER!!!!!

4. perrymcg

perrymcg Boxer Booster

I know that the shutdown was the cause of the shortage. But I also know that most places here in canada have good supplies right now. Or at least most of the places i have talked with. So hopefully it will soon hit the states as well.

5. MKAD

MKAD Boxer Insane

I have had to switch to on-line sites to get this good stuff...

6. karens

karens Boxer Insane

Just an FYI, tried EVO and two out of three have the squirts. I guess Orijen is on the come back. We're switching back and will just have to stock pile if there is a problem later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.