Worst Job Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali_Crazy

Super Boxer
I'm sitting here bored out of my mind at work, but then I thought well it could be worse! So I was wonder what has been everyones worst job experience?

I used to work in a nursing home and I have a really weak stomach so you imagine some of the things I had to deal with. But even after all the nasty things I had to see and smell I wouldn't have traded that job for the world. I still go out there and visit the residents and every now and then I bring Ali and they absolutley love him.

Silverstar

Super Boxer
I have never been one to leave a job for no reason or without one lined up. But, the worst job I ever had was working for a real estate agent. I was there a month and it was the toughest job I had to do, not the work itself it was dealing with the unknown attitude and mood she was in. On the second day of the job, the woman reamed me for not knowing something (That was never told or explained to me). She wanted packages of paper cut open with a slit on the side so she could pull paper out easily and it had to be cut a certain way and certain width. I was ridiculous. I understand people have their nitches, but she took it too far.

I would go home crying, I wouldn't eat breakfast, lunch or dinner because the woman did not provide a microwave or refrigerator (and I was the only one in the office). Yeah, I worked long hours and my salary was crap. After a month I quit, I walked in waited for her to arrive and pulled her aside and said I could not do this anymore and handed her my keys. I walked out the door and felt so much better.

That was the worse job experience I have ever had. I have never quit like that and I could usually make due, but if I had stayed I would have gone insane.

momstaxi

Completely Boxer Crazy
My worst job was whwn I was 18. It was at a fast food restaurant that carhops would deliver to customers in their cars. We had to wear an apron filled with $30 of our OWN money with which to make change,not alot of money but 25 yrs ago and just starting a job, it was alot. the boss called it an investment in the company! Then it was like my 5th day on the job and people called in sick so we were very short staffed. It was luchtime and we were very busy. It was way too much for the few workers that were on. I had a question, went into the boss's office to ask him and there he sat, feet up on the desk, watching football. Enough for me, I quit!
Michele

ssleighter

Completely Boxer Crazy
Oh man, I remember the worst job I ever had. For those of you that remember the 70's, can you remember the car horns that played different tunes?? Well guess who was the "Final Inspector" before shipping those babies all over the country?!

Yep, that was me! The device was called "The Happy Tooter", so in essence I was a Tooter Tester. :LOL: We were required to ship a minimum of 400 of them out daily, so I listened to 400 a day PLUS the ones that were thrown back for being out of tune! The most popular tunes were Dixie, Reveille (aka Charge) and The River Kwai March. When I was a child there was a song sung to the tune of the River Kwai March that went something like "Comet, it makes your teeth turn green. Comet, it tastes like gasoline..." and every time I played one of those that song would go through my head. :rolleyes:

I was always very grateful when we got a special order for a different tune, it was a welcome change of pace!

I still break out in a cold sweat when I hear Dixie or The River Kwai March! :D

Sharon the Ex-Tooter Tester :LOL:

Last edited:

Faughtey

Banned
I worked on a Arabian horse farm for a couple months in Minnesota in the middle of winter. I lived with the family who owned and ran it. I had no t.v. in my room, no car, and very little money. I ate meals with the family, then spent the rest of my time in my bedroom. The owner was verbally (sp?) abusive to everyone. He also abused the horses which made me sick. One day I couldn't take it anymore, and called my parents to come and get me. I was never so happy to leave a job in my life.

firedog

Boxer Booster
My worst job is probably the one I am at now. I love the people I work with, been there five years. But you see, my supervisor is a real jack___. Before I got married he would pull me in his office and ask me if I would be returning after the wedding. What????? Now, its "I need to know when your getting pregnant". Are you getting pregnant soon!!!!!! I has been a great week he has been on vacation but returns tomorrow! I am officially turning in my two weeks the end of the month. He stresses me out to much. My husband and I want to start trying for a baby and can't while still working there. On top of that there are two other people besides me that are quiting. Poor supervisor will be getting in trouble from the corporate office for such a big turn over. It too bad, I would stay if he left.:(

I am a receptionist by the way, the only other job worse than that was detasling corn for a day(while a couple hours):)
Rachel

NFBoxerMom

Super Boxer
Hmm...i guess I haven't had any real horrible job experiences but the one I liked the least was customer care for a wireless company. The job had a lot of perks..good wage, benefits etc, but I just couldn't stand being someone's punching bag for much of the day...hearing people whine and complain about how they ran up a high bill and somehow I was supposed to give them credit just out of the goodness of my heart. I couldn't take being reamed out and called names for things that were no fault of my own.

Thank goodness I only did that for a few months before getting promoted to where I wanted to be, in the tech department. I still work for the same company actually, but was recently promoted to a management position. I think I still prefer the tech department tho and am considering demoting myself LOL

frankied

Boxer Insane
I still haven't really had a job I liked but for when I was 16 working at a TCBY pouring frozen yougurt and decorating cakes!

This last job that I am working at (I am on Maternity leave right now) and I will not be going back. I could write a novel about this place. It is a privately owned hotel and has the highest staff turn over rate ever! I love my job as guest services (except for the really mean and aggravating guests you sometimes can get) and I always go out of my way for most guests (which is almost never appreciated). I will say however you get alot further with me if you can keep your temper than if you freak out ;) I am just glad I do not have to go back as I have a friend still there and she fills me in on the soap opera everyday! We need to make this place a reality series! :LOL: My husband and I have decided the stress level and the $ just is not worth it.

I have too many stories to tell ;)

Jaime&Louie

Super Boxer
I worked for two weeks at the Sears repair call center. We would schedule service for people who's washers, dryers, fridges, etc. would break down. We would get all of these pissed off people calling in saying their food had gone bad because their fridge broke. Well, it sucked. When I went to quit, there was a LINE!! I literally had to wait in line to quit that job!

HA!

xenaprincess

Boxer Insane
I was 16, it was summer...I needed money. I took a job a block away from home that required me to be a live-in care giver to an elderly woman. I had to stay 1 week..off the next...then on, and so on. First I showed up and the girl I was relieving just happened to be the same girl I had gotten into a fist fight with just a week before! :eek: First red-flag! Then, the job requirements were explained and I thought, ok..I can do this. The day starts with a wake-up call to me through an intercom in my room...at 5:30am!! Lady has to have her 8oz glass of Metamucil...then a bowl of bran with butter milk! (second red-flag!) Then help to the bathroom (ewwwww), back to bed where I had to sit and listen to her read scriptures from the bible. The day was absolutely boring...no TV allowed (considered to be evil) (third red flag!)! Supper was served at 5 on the dot...I cleaned up and lady needs a bath before bed. I help her into the tub, she says she can wash herself (I am soooo grateful), and she would call me in when she wanted out. So...lady calls me in, I help her out we get her dressed in a nightie...then it happened...the 4th and final red-flag! She said I had to clip and file her toenails and then scrape all the dead skin off her feet...even between the toes!! :eek: That was it! I called my mom who was a nurse at the time in a Home for the Aged, had her come over to perform the nasty deed, cried to her that I am not cut out for this and that I wanted to go home! Well my Mom is the best...she stayed that night. We called her son and told him that I was not cut-out for the job and that Mom would stay for the night...I was going home! Her son had his mom placed in a home 2 weeks later.
I draw the line at old, scaley, arthretic knobby feet! It was a revelation then that I would not be following in my mothers footsteps! :p

Sharon
Xena & Spirit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.