1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White rescue boy with skin issues

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by ELubas, Sep 5, 2017.

1. ELubas

ELubas Boxer Insane

Hi all. We are fostering a sweet white boy and wondering if anyone has any recommendations for improving his skin and coat. Part of this is nutrition I am sure but he has a lot of scarring and also some bald patches. Cleared for alopecia,etc. I am going to try Fish Oil and also some topical Vitamin E. Anyone have success with anything else? Thank you in advance!

2. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

Roge sufferes from seasonal alopecia and I give him evening primrose oil and it works a treat , because he is getting on in age Iv started him on tumeric golden paste , by all accounts it is great for allergies and inflammation.
    Golden paste is worth a Google , I am using it as a preventive and he's only on it 3 wks .

3. ELubas

ELubas Boxer Insane

Thank you so much! I will

Roge likes this.
  4. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

Some coconut oil may help as well. It is an ingredient in golden paste so that will cover any internal benefits, but you can apply a small amount topically as well. It is a natural antibiotic and antifungal as well as a moisturizer so it may help heal the spots. I have used it on myself to heal rashes and such. It worked really well.

bxrbgood likes this.
  5. joeys mom

joeys mom Boxer Insane

I give Chance coconut oil every day and it has mad such a difference in his skin. When we rescued him he was a mess, it didn't take long for his coat and skin to improve with the coconut oil. My fist boxer got fish oil everyday and that was great too but I think the coconut oil is easier to give. I just add it to his food and he loves it.

bxrbgood likes this.