Tricks to keeping your boxer cool in a heat wave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imperia1999

Boxer Buddy
Keeping cool

When juke gets warm we put wet towels over him and pour cold water on him,and give him plent of water to dink we did have a kiddys pool but he thought it was a toy and put his teeth through it.

sasmeow

Boxer Insane
We have plastic kid pools. My 2 don't really go for that, but my sisters labs do. Gus likes to play with the hose when I spray it, he likes to bite at the water. I am very lucky to have AC.. .don't know what I would do without it. When they are outside, I hose them off to cool them down, or make them come in. They like to lay in front of the fan when they come in.

I like the suggestions that you have gotten.... the water and ice and blow the fan across it to cool things off, or the room AC unit. You could have a "cool room".

When it gets super hot in the summer, I just shorten their outside time. They usually don't like it when it's hot anyway.

dharmadoodle

Boxer Pal
I think the pool is a great idea. Didn't know Pets at Home sold them though! I've had a quick look on the website and can't find them.

Any idea what they are actually called?

I just buy a £5 baby paddling pool out of Poundstretcher or Woolies. (Rogue tends to eat hers - hence the £5). :D

Jaydens Mama

Boxer Pal
I hear ya on his!
I live in Arizona and it was 114 degrees yesterday !!!
I use cool wet towels, the cooling neck ring and they have these AWESOME black out curtains that help keep out 99% of heat and sunrays from outside !!!!!!
They work so great and there at Wal-Mart for like $40-$50 !!
I use it cuz out here to cool down a house in the summer when its about 115 - 120 outside, it helps keep our electricity bill a little bit lower when blocking out the heat ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.